Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm new to using Chankast, or any DC Emulator for that matter. I've mounted the game I want to play, which is Sonic Adventure 2, with Daemon Tools to E: and have set Chankast to run disc from drive E, however I constantly get "Please insert game disc", the format is CDI. Am I missing something here?

Thanks ;)

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
SA2 is not an AUTO BOOT GAME, you need a boot disc utility (Utopia boot disk :/) to pass the boot thing then while it asks for your game, then switch to your game disc

How to get games to work?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Aha thanks, I'll try this out and update this thread accordingly :)

Not having much luck with this, perhaps I'm doing it wrong? I've tried loading the emulator up whilst running the Utopia (CDI) boot disk, then when it asks me to insert game disk, I swap to the drive where the SA2 Image is mounted, but it still tells me the disk drive is empty.

·
2,283 Posts
I didn't got the chance to try the swap thing with ISOs, I used a burned CDs, so it works flawlessly...mmm...to tell, its not working that feature anyway :p...

Ah, OH, By the way SA2 has a serious problem (GFX glitch) that prevents it from being playable (its playable but the glitch covers almost 2/3 of the screen, so don't bother),try SA it works for sure, as for SA2 try another emulator nullDC (as a suggestion :thumb:).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Essentially I'm not going to be able to play SA2 properly via any emulator, then? I'm having similar issues with nullDC aswell.

·
2,283 Posts
Woot do you mean?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm having the same problem with a different game. Even booting with the utopia boot disc. It says to insert a disc, even though is already inserted.

·
2,283 Posts
Then your game is not compatible with the actual version of chankast, use other emu (ex : nulldc)

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are going to use nullDC, don't forget to check what I said. Only by following the steps bellow I was able to play my GDI file.

It was necessary to use these options on nullDC:

- Normal boot (to load the GDI file);

- Plugin (settings): "Image Reader plugin by drk||Raziel & GiGaHeRz|".

- Options -> GDROM -> Patch GDROM Region (should be always enabled, it seems some games will not run if this option is disabled).
BTW, Chankast was not able to run my GDI games. They worked fine on nullDC.

I also had to find another BIOS, mine was either corrupt or invalid. The BIOS I found it was 2 MB of size. Dc_boot.bin and Dc_flash.bin need to be present in the Data directory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts