2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every body here,
I am new here and also to pcsx2 , my problem is----------->
I cannot configure language and other options after booting the iso it runs in
a window. (pcsx2) plz help..... :???:

·
17 Posts
PCSX2 itself is configureable if you have 0.9.6 ( about languages and stuff ).
Running game in window is pretty recommended due to FPS ( the speed of game, then sound is very reliable on FPS, can sound slow or overfast. The overfast one can be configured in CPU settings ).

If you need to change settings while running the game, as I know pressing ESC will leave just the PCSX2 window, you go to options, set it up different and then there's the Run->Execute, it runs the game at place where you ended ( works only if you pressed Esc after running the game, otherwise it will run you something different ).
But, doing execute after changing options can sometime freeze your game or your sound go crazy, so what you have to do, is try one configuration, run the game, press esc, try another configure and there go File>Run CD/DVD. It will run the game from very beginning with new configuration applied. Do it as many times till it matches the best you can get. As for configuration guide, there's plenty for many games in PCSX2 forum section, some good configurations for exact games can be also found in http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-forum/95668-post-your-pcsx2-screenshots-here.html. As for the last, you can search a forum for the exact game configuration posted by other players ( if you don't find in the topic I linked ). Worked for me, nowadays I am playing games with the really greater configuration and can't blame it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks my friend,
My configuration is----
Intel core 2 duo 2.2 Ghz
Ram 1 Gb
Total video memory 128 mb
no graphic card attached separately only in built memory
mercury--- motherboard.
160 Gb hdd Samsung.

I can play many games like
Hitman 3
medal of honor allied assult
tomb raider anniversary
and others similar to it.
and others. I have a dvd of rainbow 6 lock down that's why I am searching
for emulators to play it.But I don't know what best suits my configuration and
could not configure plug ins. can u suggest some thing...

I have PCSX2 0.9.6
:rolleyes:

·
17 Posts
Graphics : GSdx SSE2 0.1.13
Windowed
Directx10 (if your graphics card supports it )
Interlacing none
You can try turning texture filtering on if the game is fast enough to call it playable ( having it turnt off will just make you see some not that quality stuff, but game's speed increases )

Sound : ZeroSPU2 0.4.6 / Peops SPU 1.9.0 [ Each works better at different places at different games, try out both to find out what works better for your game ]
For ZeroSPU, you can try turning time scalling on, but sometimes a CPU configuration to keep your FPS steady solves the overfast sound speed. You have to try it out yourself.
For Peops, no reverb, interpolation none.

CDDVDrom can play a big role at playing games. I myself use Linuzappz ISO CDVD 0.7.0 ( If your game is in ISO, otherwise, try Gigaherz's or some others that might work, you have to experiment :D )

In CPU settings : turn everything on left, especially dual core setting.
On right : Frame limiting to limit ( it's kind of crucificial to sound, because it doesn't let it be overfast ).
Custom FPS limit 70, skip frames slower than 40.

You can try turning speed hacks on, try first x1.5 cycle rate. INTC Sync hack might work for you and enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate.

As I told, you have to experiment. If something get's a bit wrong, try turning exact setting off and so on.

Good luck and enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.