Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with playing Twilight Princess on Dolphin? I got it working but it is so slow that it is almost unplayable. Can anyone help me so I can run this faster? I've got the 32bit version. Please help me

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's strange, I've been able to play SH2,3, and 4 with no problem. Is there anything I can do to be able to play it on my computer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi!

zelda tp runs so slow! what can i do or which settings/dolphin version is the best? btw.. the only game which i can play well is super smash brothers..my pc specs should be good?

e6300 @3Ghz
4 GB Ram
ati 4850
vista ultimate x64

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks 50CALBR, but could you please tell me what I should change on my computer? As in, should I buy a new video card, or more RAM? And if its a video card, which ATI should get me through? Well what out of the cheap ATIs should get the work done. Thanks in advance

·
Mr. Two-Jay
272 Posts
thanks 50CALBR, but could you please tell me what I should change on my computer? As in, should I buy a new video card, or more RAM? And if its a video card, which ATI should get me through? Well what out of the cheap ATIs should get the work done. Thanks in advance
Dolphin is very, very, very, really very, CPU dependant. If you'd like faster speeds I would suggest upgrading your CPU. 1gig of ram is enough as dolphin generally doesn't use much more than 400mb. Your graphic card should also hold out, It not like you're running Crysis graphics;).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
aww so that means I pretty much just need to get a new CPU. UGH :'( Can you please tell me what "value" computer has the processing power to run this? Or at least how much GHz do I need?

·
Registered
377 Posts
well it looks as if I'm not getting to play this game, not enough money, but thanks anyways bro
You just need to use your original copy of the game and put it on you cube. BTW, running some PC games is not comparable to emulating games for other CPU and hardware architectures. You need a faster processor than the one you already have (C2D, C2Q, etc.).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok htanks, I need to get a summer job to get a good computer. By the way what do you mean by overclock it?

·
Registered
815 Posts
To overclock it is to make it run faster than the stock speed it's rated at. My processor is rated at 2.53 but I run it at 3.07 ghz for example. I find it makes a big difference in game. Your motherboard may be able to support C2D, just look it up. Then you'd only have to spend like $100 on a new processor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how do you overclock it? does it just do it when it needs the extra kick? or do you have to do it by yourself? does it affect the computer badly?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
If you dont know what you are doing then I recommend you not to try it or your computer will be in serious damage.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh well can you at least tell me what's the procedure? I won't try it, I'll just look into it and then try to see if I can get Geek squad or someone like that to do it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts