2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I need some help with tekken 3. Here's my specs:

Pentium II 233mhz processor
32 MB ram (or sdram, not sure)
Creative TNT 2 Riva model 64 agp 3d card
Matsushita cd-rom
Yamaha opls3a sound card

I use ePSXe to run tekken 3, but it goes really slow. The frame rate is about 15-25fps when I "fight", but when I'm in the menus and when I select characters, the frame rate is from 40-60fps.
When I "fight" it is extremely slow, but it doesn't "hack" or stop and jump over a few frames, it's very smooth.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

I've tried all Petes Plugins and the two other included in the installation, but that didn't help. I'm running the original (PAL) Tekken3 cd (not an Iso)

Please help

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
It's probably the speed of your processor, or the amount of RAM you have. Increasing either of those would probably help things.
Post the config from Pete's plugin, just to confirm you aren't using settings which would cause a slowdown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I've taken a screenshot of the config. This is pete's openGL driver. I've also used petes TNT driver, but I have only achieved 2-3 fps improvement with it.

I don't get it really, I've run games such as expendable and half-life, and had no problems.

·
Registered
551 Posts
mm...zkreso, well, i'm not so sure bout this, but maybe...just MAYBE...you can try this: (as my computer is a low-end too)

1. Texture quality --> don't care
2. caching type --> Dynamic
3. Disable the Alpha Multipass option
4. For note: I've tried every Pete's Plugin and for me, it seems that Pete's driver library version 1.39 is the fastest one...maybe you can give it a shot... And usually, I turn the use fps limit on...and decide the limit by ourself (that is NTSC games 60, PAL games 50, or it is vice versa?)

Well, good luck...

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Originally posted by zkreso
I don't get it really, I've run games such as expendable and half-life, and had no problems.
Running native PC games is very different to running emulated PSX games on a PC.
If Tekken3 had a native port to the PC, it would probably have quite a lowly system requirement.
As a thought, try the game on PSEmu Pro, as PSEmu Pro ran Tekken3 pretty well [less system requirements, but the music was not good, if I remember rightly].

·
Registered
12 Posts
I couldn't help but notice you didn't list your CD rom speed. Have you tried to run this game
from an "ISO"? This tends to increase access speed.

dock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts