Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

No matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I've tried all different sorts of plugins, made sure that the CD rom plugin is pointed to the right CD letter, still nothing. Even tried reinstalling. the emulator gives this info in the dos prompt (my cd drive letter is r: )

Init Core W9x cdrom ... [R] ok
First/Last track: 1 1
Track 1: (DATA) - Start 0: (00,02,00) - Length 65:32
Testing readmode (3/3)
Doing init gpu...
Gpu open...
Direct input init ok.
Init core spu ... ok
NTSC cdrom detected.
Closing core spu...
Closing gpu ...
Shutdown gpu ...
ePSXe: [R:\SCUS_941.94] is not a EXE file.

This is when I try to run Gran Turismo. When I try to run SFA3, it gives a similar error. I'm using SCPH1001 bios, other bioses don't get me anywhere either.

My system is:
PIII @1125 Mhz on ABIT BH-6
256 MB PC166 RAM
Geforce 2 Ultra
Kenwood True 42x CDROM
2x IBM deskstar 20GB HDD
Windows 98 SE

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- ekg

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Try making an iso and see if that runs well at all? Hmm ... something else about it is niggling at the tip of my brain but this coffee induced haze just isn't cutting it ... sigh, alas, guess I will just have to pop in some Within Temptation and work on my animation. Yes, I'm babbling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to make an ISO right now. How long does this usually take? It's been about 12 hours, and it's about 53% done.

I think it's something to do with my CDROM. when I try different CD plugins, I get different error messages.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by ekg
I'm trying to make an ISO right now. How long does this usually take? It's been about 12 hours, and it's about 53% done.
Did he said 12 hours?Thats ridiculous.Your cd drive must be something like 1x or may be even slower .001X ?

Btw what software are you using to make an iso?Try clone cd,it has never taken more than 20-30 minutes on my 12x cd drive.(avg time is 10 minutes though).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It could also be that he has a lot of errors on the cd (i.e. one of those cds that has been scratched to death by a rabid raving worbling wombat on caffeine)

But no it doesn't normally take that long. I'd recommend cdrwin myself, but it is mostly just preference here.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
IMHO all the evidence points to a badly damaged disc or a cd drive that can't read psx disks. The emu cannot read the data from the cd correctly hence when it tries to read the exe for the game it's corrupted (hence your message). Same goes for the iso programs. As you have tried multiple disks the latter seems more likely. Can you open your psx cds in explorer? If you can't then the drive is definately to fault and the only solution is to change it. Sorry.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Yeah, it shouldn't take nearly that long. My old junker (considerably worse than yours) usually finished doing ISOs after about a minute at most.

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
lol! 12 hours....a floppy drive could read that amount of data in a quarter of the time. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts