Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get my 360 Controller to work in Windows now that I've had some stupid Windows Upgrade that occurred while I was surfing the net. I started my PC a day or two ago to a new version of Windows XP Home Edition, and when I tried to plug my XBOX 360 controller in, it won't work.

I don't know the full extent of the Windows upgrade, hopefully it hasn't screwed up any other drivers. Damn, this sucks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Maybe having the home edition is the problem? I've heard it's worst when comparing it to professional.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it was working until today?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Maybe having the home edition is the problem? I've heard it's worst when comparing it to professional.
You do realise there are only 2 differences between Home and Pro, the first has to do with licensing and the number of concurrent connections, and the second is that Pro supports IPSEC where home does not. It would have nothing to do with whether or not a controller works.

And you can turn home into Pro with a simple registry tweak.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
You do realise there are only 2 differences between Home and Pro, the first has to do with licensing and the number of concurrent connections, and the second is that Pro supports IPSEC where home does not. It would have nothing to do with whether or not a controller works.

And you can turn home into Pro with a simple registry tweak.
Pro is required to log into a domain. Pro has RDP server.

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back to the issue at hand please?

BTW weird update, my DOA Controller will work hooked up, but neither my Gamestop nor my Mad Katz controllers will work, and it doesn't even recognize when my Mad Katz controller is plugged into the USB port?

BTW, again the controllers worked with a week ago, I'm thinking a Windows update killed the driver compatibility, but I'm only speculating.

I've e-mailed Microsoft regarding the issue as well...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Did you install a driver to initially make the controller work, or is there a driver disc that came with the controller(s)? If so reinstall. If not what is the name of model number of the controller you are trying to use?

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I said the Gamestop wired controller and the MadKatz wired Controllers don't work, I was using the XBCD+ drivers, and all three worked, then a few days ago, we were supposed to have an apartment inspection so I unplugged the USB controllers, but it looks to be delayed, so today I just wanted to plug it in and play for an hour and this mess started.

Interesting enough, my PC now boots and acts / looks different than it used to because of some Microsoft updates that were loaded onto my computer while I was surfing the web, so something in the Windows update is screwing up my XBOX 460 drivers. I tried the drivers from Microsoft's site and two other sites and none of them worked.

I've uninstalled and installed drivers tried other USB ports, on the hub and off the hub, checked the power going to the hub, nothing is making any sense now...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Pro is required to log into a domain. Pro has RDP server.
Home is limited to simple file sharing / aka fools networking.
Home does not have GPEdit, or advanced networking configuration.

I know theres more, but i've never EVER stuck with XP Home long enough to figure them out.

Paratech, you're high dude, Windows updates never change the look of windows, EVER.

the XBCD driver has probably just buggered up is all, google the show non present devices in device manager trick, then remove the ghosted control and its hid driver then reboot, and reinstall.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts