Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK this is been bothering me all day, I haven't been able to use my psp for a few months because I lost the power cord but I recently found it. I remembered im going on disk 3 of FF8 so Im using PSX2PSP v1.4 to create the eboot but here's where im confused now.

The Game ID is SLUS00909 though I have 3 save files on my PSP for FF8
SLUS00892
SLUS00908
SLUS00909

I have tried converting the game with the Game ID still saved as SLUS00909 but I have tried changing the save ID so that it would match any one of those files "I have tried all 3" and non of them will find my save game.

Im thinking about changing the Game ID but honestly im starting to feel like I am wasting time. Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong?

Also my FF8 Disks are almost flawless, they play fine in the playstation so I know they aren't the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK NOW I'm very aggravated I tried converting the .VMP save files into .MCR so that I can try them on epsxe instead and its telling me I have a save file all the way back to disk 2 when really im going onto disk 3. I also made sure I had backup saves on different blocks to prevent this but they aren't showing up either. anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never mind everyone I fixed the problem. Instead of converting .vmp to .mcr I just tried using the .vmp files as a memory card itself. it worked. Now I just have to figure out how to get them to work on my PSP. At least I know which file to use now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it out by myself. It was VERY hard...
If anyone else ever has similar problems ill tell you how I fixed my problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been playing FF8 on an android emulator on a tablet. Got into disc 2 and bought a PSP Go.

I would like to transfer the .mcr to the PSP I have tried converting to .vmp. I tried using hyne, psppsx memconverter. Plus many other programs.

Cant really be bothered to play all disc 1 again on the psp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts