Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrono Cross runs GREAT on my PC, I'm running ePSXe of course. :) However, the cutscenes do not play... :-( Whenever MDEC videos are susposed to play it just shows garbage on my screen. Is there a way to fix this???

Also, does anyone know if Chrono Cross is fully playable start to finish in ePSXe? I just don't wanna get close to the end and then find out the emu cannot get past a certain part due to a bug... That would suck, hehe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the bug for case is probably your cd rom plug-in...if you are playing the game straight from the cd rom......

if off the hardrive....I don't know....video card plug-in <-is possible

I have already played through the whole 1st cd and haven't found any problems with the game...

all my movies work great!

I'm pretty sure that the game is 100% playable

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chrono Cross movies

SO... running from the CD-ROM or HD can effect movie playback? I'm running of my DVD btw, maybe I should make an ISO?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chrono Cross is 100% playable, with a few provisos.

Firstly, you need to avoid using Null2s SPU - it crashes on MDECs.

Secondly, you occasionally need to enable full VRAM primitives (if the screen goes black, but the game otherwise runs normally - happens once or twice).

Thirdly, there is a dirty great glitch in Fort Dragonia which means you have to play blind for a while.

None of these are too much of a problem and if you get your MDEC problems sorted out, you're in for a treat.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thanks for the info Cugel. :) Btw, just how long is the Fort Dragonia sequence? I don't want to play blind too long, hehe. Btw, is FF IX fully playable in ePSXe---I wan't sure on that one either. Glad to hear than Chrono Cross works great all the way thru!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Playing blind in fortdragonia isn't that bad its just one screen with 4 different entrances. 1 is on the far left 1 is on far right and the other 2 you just gotta run around in the middle in order to find it. I just finished this game and its great however I got the worst ending :( I didn't know how to use the chrono cross!! I would also like to know whether or not FF IX is fully playable or not.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you don't use Nulls then FFIX is also fully playable (although you'll need to patch if using a pal version).

To use the chronocross you first need to cast spells of various element colours in a sequence (go to www.gamefaqs.com for a detailed faq) then you get the proper ending (one of them)

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Inside Fort Dragonia the blind part also have a save point in the bottom left corner. You can't see it, but when you walk over it, you can hear the typical sound "Ping!". It's useful if you need to change someone in your party. I'm playing the game too, and I just got past for dragonia. The game is awesome!

·
Registered
278 Posts
why would you want to play the pal version of the game? pal is for japanes right? Thx for the reply ^_^

·
Registered
80 Posts
The attached should help you get through the fort dragonia blind spot. It's a screen shot of what the room should look like. I seem to remember getting it from here. Thanks to whoever it was!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts