Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I may not be far far into the game but I am in the train with the princess

How do I upgrade weapons I have the bits and the mags how is it done ???

Yours hopefully

·
Registered
358 Posts
hehehehe...........the princess..........anyway.....to upgrade weapons you have to collect certain materials listed in the mags then go to a weapons shop to upgrade...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Read the Weapons Monthly magazines that you find everywhere to see what you need for each different upgrade, then find an upgrade place and upgrade!

·
Registered
513 Posts
If memory serves (not that it often does), I don't think there's all that much you actually can upgrade at that point in the game. You'd probably be much better off improving your junctions and matching GFs to compatable characters.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have an idea... buy a player's guide! I don't think I've really seen too many, but I sure you would be able to find one. The game isn't really that hard to understand though. Just go on a Final Fantasy website if you don't understand something. FF8 seemed pretty easy though, you shouldn't need too much help.

During the game, if you press start, then go to the TUTORIAL(I think that's what it is) option, you can usually find help on anything you need(except for help getting through the actual game). All the stuff about junctioning magic and crap is all there. I think weapn upgrading and stuff is too...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did buy a guide and it helped me a lot I am even a good card player now :)

Tell me please if you know is FF9 in the same spirit as FF7.

As in junctioning and the like.

I bet its a great game if it is

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nope, FF9 uses a completely different junctioning and weapon upgrade system compared to FF8. But in my opinion that was a good thing.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
was a good thing , but the caracters and story ain't that good, also the Limit Bracks where better then the most Trance Abiltitys

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I really like the junctions system,with it you can make really powerful characters,and Zell,I agree with you that the Limits and the story are better in FF8.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
From what I've seen it should be interesting,but on PS2 and I won't buy a console just for one game(PC version please!:shout: ).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Non computer expert here so forgive me if I am wa off the mark,

Will anybody be able to emulate the ps2??

May be immpossible but I just wondered.

Also maybe I am biased but FF8 is the first one in the series that I have played,

I thought it rocks the gameplay was great GFs were great magic was great world map was great story was par none side quests were amazing.
I got tired of listening to the red rocks in the 3 stars quest and left the flaming thing there.

Please guys I guess its like don Mc Claines american pie I loved that first song but hated maddonas version.

But I had played the original first so maybe it stuck with me.

Whatta ya think ?

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Zell
yeah your right , let's hope that squre does us the favour
From what I read on many sites,they will but it will take 6 months to 1 one year before they release it,cause they want to sell the PS2 version first.
One thing that is sure is that they will release FFXI at the same time on PC and PS2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts