Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Spriggan
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[Slow Processor & Heat]
Ok so taking a look at my specs you will notice that my processor is running a tad slow (567 MHz slower in fact :hdbash: )

This is currently due to the crappy cooling I have in my rig...I mean according to Asus Probe and my bios I'm running 57° Celsius @ Idle thats with an ambient (case) temp of 36° Celsius and according to the temperature monitor that sits on my desk an average of 24° Celsius room temperature all the while running at the slower speed of 1600 MHz.

I have come to the conclusion that I need 3 more fans and a better heatsink to cool this bad boy down so I can enjoy my cpu's full potential without having to worry about the core melting down.
[/Slow Processor & Heat]

[Power Supply]
To juice this jet engine I'm gonna need a better power supply and I was thinking about this one. Would it power 5 "80 mm" fans plus everything else in my rig?
[/Power Supply]

[Memory Bus]
Player-X reminded me of something I was supposed to include the first time around :hdbash:

When I set my system to full speed (aka 2167MHz) the memory bus jumps from 133 (@ 1600 MHz) all the way up to 266 (@ 2167 MHz)

My question here is...well is this right on a system with a Athlon XP 2700+ with PC2700 Memory

Granted I don't know much about the Memory bus and what its purpose is other than what I've read on google so please feel free to tell me that I have nothing to worry about and that everything will be peachy :thumb:
[/Memory Bus]

· Spriggan
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ignore the man behind the curtian...aka the slow processor since it was me who underclocked it in the first place. I did so in order to keep the damn thing from initiating a nuclear meldown of my core :)

But now that you mention it....hmm edits first post...

Ok I've edited my first post to make things a little clearer hopefully you'll understand my predicament a little better :nod:

· Spriggan
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Arctic Silver 3 Applied as per the instructions on the AS website.

All fans are plugged in and running as far I can tell by looking at them and Everest says my cpu fan is running @ 4000+ RPM's

· Mr. Stupendous
1,138 Posts
the volcano 12 is a good sink. It's actually a thermalright slk-700(i think its the 700, might be the sk-7) which is a good sink. It sounds expensive though. see if you can find any of the following models from Thermalright:

alx-800
slk-800
slk-9xx
sp-77
si-97

Thats in order of performance. We can get the alx-800 for about £6 over here. Add an 80mm fan and it'll be a better performer than the thermaltak volcano 12:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.