Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have read around on these forums about how to go about converting No$GBA .SAV files to VBA files using the no$gbatovba converter.. but I, or rather.. my system is having problems running the converter. At first when I downloaded it, it gave me an error because I did not have the Visual Basic files on my PC. I went to the Microsoft site and have since downloaded the most recent package and installed it. Now, when I hit configure in no$gbatovba, the menu is missing several things when compared to the picture of what the configure window should look like when I compare it to the screenshot on the website Freeware - No$GBA VBA Battery Converter. When I run the converter, instead of converting my No$GBA .SAV file to a VBA file, it does the opposite. Upon finishing it gives me the message: "File Converted from Visualboy to No$GBA And Saved. VBA files should not need to be converted to load into No$GBA, file converted anyways." I'm not trying to convert VBA to No$GBA.. but there is not an option in the configuration to select either. I think it may have something to do with my system running (yeah, go ahead and laugh) Windows ME. I just did a clean install of the OS last week and as I said earlier downloaded the VB files directly from Microsoft. So, since this program is unable to convert my .SAV file to VBA format, what could I possibly do? What program would I need to just manually remove the header from the .SAV file? Is there possibly a website where I could feed my No$GBA .SAV into it and have a VBA .SAV sent back to me? Ugh, I'm so stressed out about this.. I am currently playing Pokemon Ruby and No$GBA turns a certain cave into an invisible maze of fog.. I just want to switch over to VBA long enough to get through the cave and then switch back to No$GBA. (No$ runs much smoother on my ancient system.) I have been working on this for the past four hours and now I have a headache. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :???:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Um, OK.. this is weird.. Sorry to have wasted your time but I figured a bit more out. Upon rereading and rerereading all of the pages on no$gbatovba I found out that not being able to use the configuration menu had no negative impact on my ability to convert .SAV files.. The program itself decides whether the .SAV file that it is looking at is in No$GBA or VBA format. It wasn't converting my No$GBA .SAV to a VBA .SAV because my No$GBA .SAV was formatted like a VBA .SAV and it was fooling the program. Either the newest No$GBA .SAVs did away with the header or the options I kept tweaking with in the No$GBA.ini file and configurations menu inside No$GBA somehow made the .SAV able to be read by both programs. HAH!~ This is pretty cool.. I can just open up VBA and import my .SAV and get through the fog tunnel and then save and move the .SAV back into the /Battery folder of No$GBA seamlessly. I do apologize for taking up your precious time, however. I'm now off to go play the game again (finally!) :eyemove:
 

·
Hopeless Optimist
Joined
·
3,089 Posts
Glad it worked out for you, though I would like to point out that your posts are really cumbersone to read. You should make paragraphs after finishing a thought to ease it up a bit.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top