Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not asking for a full PocketStation emulator to be tacked onto ePSXe, but please can you add a little drop down box or something in the memory card window so we can ell the emulator if it's a regular memory card or PocketStation that the emulator thinks is connected.

Just adding this will add a lot of extra features anyone with a real PocketStation can use. For example we could set up virtual memory cards with Pocketstation games on, then transfer those to our real PocketStations.

Not just that, some PS1 games (Like Doko Demo Issyo and imode Issyo) won't actually run unless the system thinks a PocketStation is actually inserted.

Like I say, I understand that a whole PocketStation emu is far too much to expect, but just that little check box to change a few bytes of virtual memory card information would make a HUGE difference to PocketStation fans.

·
Not a Registered User
1,429 Posts
Nope, ePSXe development is dead has been for a very long time now.

Only PS1 emulator that has pocket station emulation is Xebra but good luck using that.

Only active PS1 emulator is Duckstation.
So you can try asking there if the dev feels like working on pocket station.

·
Super Moderator
13,072 Posts
ePSXe is nowadays not that interesting anymore. There's pcsx-pgxp too alongside a WIP refactored build (pcsx remix?), but its carrying a decade's legacy code. As suggested above, for regular ps1 play, consider duckstation.
For pocketstation, iinm mame supports it as of v228, but its obviously still low priority for all projects.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Duckstation FTW, nuff said

1 - 5 of 5 Posts