Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have a Gravis Gamepad Pro, but it seems to have gotten lost, and all of the native USB controllers I look at just don't feel right, or the ones that do have poor analouge sticks. So I figured I'd buy an adapter and use my PS2 controllers.

Well it seems radio shack sells PSX-to-USB adapters:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=26-304

And I've been wondering, has anyone acctualy bought one of these? If so, do they work well? Can I use my PS2 controller instead of a PSX controller? Do both of the analouge sticks work?

Or would I be better off buying something like this instead?
http://www.ztnetstore.com/product_info.php?ref=5&products_id=40

Thanks

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i've heard a lot of good things about the radio shack one, so i'd assume it's safe to get.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
i got a nice one that supports rumble from jandaman.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, does anyone know if theres an adapter that support the rumble, the analouge sticks, and the pressure sensitive buttons? I'm not really going for a PSX controller, just a PS2 DualShock2, and it'd be nice to have all the functions.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Oriknama, if you want rumble and analog sticks there are a variety of choices, i recommend the newer Logitech gamepads. they look like the PS2 controllers and they are of excellent quality.

however, as Betamax has said and i have paraphrased over and over, it is basically impossible to replicate all the analog buttons of a PS2 controller without a rewrite of directX. directX reads 8 axes IIRC (x y z u v and x y z rotate) and then the rest of the buttons are a 1/0 on/off. the PS2 controller has 12 analog buttons not to mention the analog sticks. therefore, directX cannot support a fully digital PS2 (or xbox or whatever) controller. you're going to have to wait until something new comes out (and i am 100% sure that something will. PC gamers hate being stuck behind console gamers in something ;) ).

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have an older PSX to USB from RS, it had rumble with 98, but not with XP. It worked great, but I dont know about light guns/dance mats/etc. There is a PSXtoUSB plug on eBay I found for about $15, think it's called the Smart Joy or something, LikeSan(sp) sells them too, that looks very good; do a little more research, and remember, you will need a controller you like as well as the adapter.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
if you were living somewhere here (poland) I'd suggest you the adapter from Manta ;) works greate, even on it's 'default' drivers bought with it on a diskette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts