Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Aim 4 the stars...
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the upcomming year, both ps3 and xbox 360 will face off... which console do you think will rock the industry? the legendary creator of playstation 2? or the creators of the xbox, rival to the ps2.... have your thoughts and say right here...

For a technical comparison of both.... here are the specifications.....

PS3: CPU:3.2 GHz w/7 SPEs
2.0 TFLOPS
MEMORY: 256 MB XDR at 3.2 GHz
256 GDDR3 at 700 MHz
GPU: 550 MHz nvidea
Display: 1080p standard
dual screen output
Network: 1000BASE-T ethernet
WI-FI 802.11b/g
Audio: 5.1 digital
wireless input: x7 on blutooth 20.
storage: removable hard drive

XBOX360: CPU:3.2 GHz w/3 cores
1.0 TFLOPS
MEMORY: 512MB MB GDDR3 at 700 MHz
10 MB embedded DRAM
GPU: 500 MHz ATI
Display: 1080pi optional
single screen output
Network: 100BASE-TX ethernet
WI-FI 802.11a/b/g
Audio: 5.1 digital
wireless input: x4 on 2.4GHz RF
storage: removable hard drive
20 GB

PS3's PIC

PS3's controller

XBOX's Console(small)

XBOX's console and controller(big)

Personnally, i think ps3 is the better of the 2, both in beauty and specifications....

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Wouldn't this be better in oh I dunno....lets say 'General Game Discussion' ;)

PS3 anyhow, it has games I want, it doesn't have two different versions (cutdown and proper). Frankly no game on the X360 has impressed me thusfar.

·
Experenced But New User
866 Posts
CKemu said:
Wouldn't this be better in oh I dunno....lets say 'General Game Discussion' ;)

PS3 anyhow, it has games I want, it doesn't have two different versions (cutdown and proper). Frankly no game on the X360 has impressed me thusfar.
yup yup! I just think that the PS3 is going to blow xbox360 out of the water.

·
Registered
608 Posts
IMHO, PS3 will own, or it will eventually; that is, when the console is properly utilized. The specs of it are much to my liking, and features like dual monitors and 7 controllers support. Obviously there is possibility that those will never get used the way I imagined would be...let me dream!

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
I don't see myself paying for any of these consoles, it's too expensive for gaming!, give it a couple of years and I can pick up both of them and a couple of games, for the same price of just a new console.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
I'll go with ck on this one. Because as far as I can tell, every XBOX 360 game they showed a demo for looks just like regular XBOX games to me. I'm hoping that M$ will lose the vast majority of the market to PS3 and that M$ will just get out of the console industry altogether.:p

·
Registered
356 Posts
This isn't fair, why don't we include Revolution? We don't even know what it's going to be like. My vote is that Nintendo will come out and surprise us all with something that gamers want...

*Moved to hardware discussion, I really dont believe it falls under games...

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
...out of those 2 i'm sorry to have to say that i'de have to go with the XBOX360...the PS3's controller looks like a boomerang and its going to cost me my first born and left kidney to afford it. But i'll hold off my judgement between the revolution and the XBOX360 for a later time, but being the Nintendo fanboy that I am you can probably guessing which one i'm awaiting more :p.

gamewise the ps3 looks much more impressive...but there is no way in hell anyone will get me to spend $700 on a game console, thats why i prefer nintendo. They not only make some excellent and innovative games (maybe not alot of them, but still a select few are excellent), but make their consoles affordable. I didn't even pick up my ps2 until i could get a used one for like $120.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'll reserve my judgement untill i actually see the systems out and in use first so that way you know how it really plays and whatnot.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
generalplot said:
I'll go with ck on this one. Because as far as I can tell, every XBOX 360 game they showed a demo for looks just like regular XBOX games to me. I'm hoping that M$ will lose the vast majority of the market to PS3 and that M$ will just get out of the console industry altogether.:p
Yeah hooray if that will happen. Sega's already gone, and with M$ gone, even though I don't have any affinity with the company, there's another choice gone. All that will be left will be Sony and Nintendo. With Nintendo going for non-mainstream stuff Sony will be dominating the whole market... Having no competition whatsoever is the worst thing there is, and no one will benefit.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
Well, I've yet to see M$ fail with anything they put their mind on. Bill Gates have had his mind set on taking over the living room for a long time... so I'm sure they'll find a way to compete. Besides with the insane fan base for Halo...... Halo 3 will probably sell 8 million xbox 360's on it's own :D If M$ is unhappy with the way things go, well maybe they'll just buy some of Sony's flagship developers and convert all the games to xbox 360 exclusives :D

It's pocket money for them anyhow :D

·
Registered
774 Posts
Just based on the impressions I've been getting from the way people have been recieving the consoles and what I've seen from the console wars up until now, here's how I imagine things playing out.

The PS3 will pick up console market domination right where the PS2 left off since Sony already has most of the major game developers in their pockets. It may lose a little ground in America due to it's higher price and Microsoft's deep pockets luring a few developers away, but nothing will put a dent in it's control of the Japanese market.

The 360 will get a slight boost in userbase from the casual gamers who are turned off by the PS3's price, and the growing appeal of XBOX Live. But, it will not attract enough key developers from the PS3, and will not make enough gains in users to turn a profit for at least the first 3 years. It will also do marginally better in Japan than the original XBOX, but not well enough to keep releasing it there from having been a complete waste of time.

The Revolution will end up being more gimmick than substance, and will not be able to keep up with the PS3 or 360. I don't think it will even do as well as the Gamecube unless it's still hiding a secret that is well beyond what anyone may have expected. No, another weird controller isn't going to cut it either. Nintendo however, will continue to shine as a developer, only furthing people's confusion as to why they didn't pull a Sega and get out of the console business. The Revolution will likely be the last home console they produce.

I could be wrong of course, but I doubt it. None of the companies have made any significant changes in strategy since the previous console generation, so I seriously doubt they will be able to produce any significant shifts in market control.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I wont make the same mistake i did with my PS2 so ill wait a few weaks or maybe months before buying any of those. But ill probably go for the PS3. The games are more appealing then the xbox games.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
A note: it's been said that just for the blue-ray support alone makes getting a PS3 worth it. I hate XBOX and all it is. 99% of the games on XBOX are also released on PC, and the general concensus is that the PC versions are better. I'm tired of seeing direct-x games being made for a console, so they can doulbe the price of the software. Seems a bit crooked to me.;)

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i don't care so much about the power or the look; all that it'll boil down to is the games. and ps3 will probably house the ones i want.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
dpence said:
PS3 $700????...lol
Last I heard it was going to be around $399
But anyways...Definately PS3, Heck you don't even get backward compatibility with the Xbox 360 CORE system....
Dunno where you've been getting your information, but i really hope its true. I've heard nothing but $500+ from guys at gamespot, internet articles, and whatnot. Let alone buying that, memory cards (enless it has hard drive which i wasnt paying attention to), games, and whatever other accessories you need when you first get a console, it'll be up there.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I want to get a PS3 but probably wont for a long time. Good 2yrs or so till the price drops to amount i can remotely afford. Plus i would rather spend my money on a new computer down the road. But i did like "God of War" demo on the Xbox360 they showed at E3.

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.