Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Whats the best way of viewing my PS2 output on my Flat Screen monitor? I have a Hauppage WinTV USB box but RF looks blurry and poo and I've tried S-Video which is a bit better but still hard to see what you are going to crash into on Burnout 2!

If there is a box or cable you can buy then if you can suggest somewhere in the UK that supplies them then that would be muchly appreciated!

Thanks

Tonyyeb

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
www.lik-sang.com
Get a PS2 specific VGA box. The generic ones aren't great, but hte console specific ones are great quality.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've got a component capure card [Sweetspot card] and I've hooked up my ps2 to it using the monster component cables. I run the games through dscaler. All in all very nice.

·
Memories are all I have..
423 Posts
a word of caution..lol.
the first few times i tried one of these box's it blew my flat screen's motherboard and the colors on e screen went to hell..

·
Registered
425 Posts
No. I've set it to overlay and I've customized it. I'm using Greedy 2 Frame for deinterlace method. Ive also set the resolution to my monitor's max. Even on component though it does look a little washed out, but it's still leaps and bounds better than TV + composite. Not a perfect solution grant you, but hopefully Dscaler 5 and VMR9 will solve this.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What do you guys think about this VGA box?

Farmer Component VGA Box aka Lam Kwai Fong ver 2

Not too eye candy but I can live with this.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
It's real time processing the image so it looks better. It has all sorts of filters for contrast, color, interlacing, aspect ratios etc ... The list goes on and on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Woah! Is this Dscaler is a box/independent adapter or something similar to TV out-enabled video graphics card?

If a card, that means we gotta use both PC and the PS2 for the thing to work right? Correct me if I'm wrong. I want to know more about this Dscaler thing.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
DScaler is an app that works with certain common TV decoder chips (without the default software or drivers) to produce a far better image.
@Modem1, which TV card do you have? I had problems with a Pinnacle TV not showing PS2 images and Hauppage cards never got close to that quality for me.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm using a ol' crummy TView card. Not excellent, but I like it none the less. The only thing I have to remember when using it is to switch between composite and SVideo input, depending on what console I'm using. SVideo for my PS2 and composite for my Gamecube at the moment. It's also decent for watching TV and such, but I think TV's are still better for watching cable with than this tv card. I just need to get a better card, and I'm thinking of spending around $100 soon to see what kind of a card I could get. Since this is just a measily $30 card from around 4-5 years ago, I can only immagine what I could get today.
- Modem

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got Burnout 3 for xmas but my VGA boot disc makes some games run quicker than they are supposed to! So burnout 3 plays like im driving a rocket car all the time and timesplitters is near unplayable! so i've ordered one that doesn't require a boot disc.

By the time i get this working i could gave bought an LCD TV to replace my monitor with!!!

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Can you guys post some configs/plugins for DScaler? Mine looks like a$$ on an ATi Tv Wonder Pro.

Here is a shot of MGS3. Looks horrid with jaggies, too dark, and washed out :(

Edit: Through composite.

S

·
0 Posts
composite; well, that explains a lot...
an svideo connector would give a considerably better picture....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts