Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
There's a real PS2 emulation project underway, but last I remember it wasn't doing much, don't expect to even hear it's name for at least 6 months to a year, if at all..

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
first of all
buy a ps2 and study the hardware
(the emotion engine in particular...)

When U will know the minimum about it...

Good luck :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
well first, you need to know a great deal about computer progaming in many different languages and the like
i mean you need to know it forward and backwards
ive taken a couple programing classes and i feel i understood it but there is no way that i would be able to make a NES emu let alone a ps2 emu

also, you need to know even more about the system you are trying to emulate.

in other words, its tough work programing a simple program let alone one as complex as an emu

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ok what about this- Anyone actually have any SPECS on a PS2 Emulator????? I want some specs.. maybe we can help with the devlopment of emulating PS2 - I understand how a PSX works and that the ps2 can emulate a psx.... So we could proabably add a LOT of opcodes to ePSXe and more memory addresses and chipset handles... That might make epsxe capable of emulating a ps2.... but you gotta think.. is there even a processor/gpu capable of processing that much stuff??????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
» Processor
128bit CPU runs at 300Mhz
» Display
3D graphics, 'Emotion Engine'
» Controller
Analog Controller (DUALSHOCK 2)
» Memory
32Mb RDRam

PlayStation2 includes:
PlayStation2 computer entertainment system
Analog controller (DUALSHOCK 2)
AC power cord
Euro-AV connector plug
AV cable (integrated audio/video)
Instruction manual
Demo disc
User registration card

The new official memory card for PS2 from Sony Computer Entertainment has a storage capacity of 8Mb of data, with a data transfer rate up to 250 times faster than the current memory card. With PS2 delivering more data-intensive games, the extra capacity is invaluable for saving positions, high scores, replays and other downloads of the future. The new memory card also incorporates the MagicGate authentication and encryption technology.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've heard of a PS2 emulator.
One of my friends has seen it being sold in pirate version in the far east.
I won't be able to comment on how good it is, until it is sent to me.
But it's true..

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
they do have really strange stuff goin on out there..
i heard of a dreamcast emu for the ps2 even :p
but i really doubt any of the rumors are true unless i see some cold hard proof

S

·
0 Posts
Freeman II, yes, you do sound serious about this, so may I suggest something? Why not E-Mail Calb, Galtor, Demo, Roor and other authors and get an idea of what it takes to code a PSX emulator. Once you find this out, keep in mind that project that you want to undertake will be even more difficult since the PS2 is more complicated than the PSX. Also, remember that the PSX itself has not been emulated perfectly yet (though some emulators do come close;) ). Then if you still want to go on always keep in mind that you will have to keep your project quite quiet. This is so as to avoid Sony's notice. After all this, if you can find some others to help, best of luck, I hope that you will have success.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by Freeman II
» Processor
128bit CPU runs at 300Mhz
» Display
3D graphics, 'Emotion Engine'
» Controller
Analog Controller (DUALSHOCK 2)
» Memory
32Mb RDRam

PlayStation2 includes:
PlayStation2 computer entertainment system
Analog controller (DUALSHOCK 2)
AC power cord
Euro-AV connector plug
AV cable (integrated audio/video)
Instruction manual
Demo disc
User registration card

The new official memory card for PS2 from Sony Computer Entertainment has a storage capacity of 8Mb of data, with a data transfer rate up to 250 times faster than the current memory card. With PS2 delivering more data-intensive games, the extra capacity is invaluable for saving positions, high scores, replays and other downloads of the future. The new memory card also incorporates the MagicGate authentication and encryption technology.

So we basically could say about 2x - 3x ePSXe Requirements to run at 60 fps...Does someone have a processor that fast???? Oh i got an idea! We should rip chips off real ps2's and stick them on a PCI card so we don't have to emulate it!!! Bwahahahahaa!!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts