Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not entirely sure how to explain what it is i'm trying to do, but i'll have a go.

in fire pro wrestling 2 for the gba, you can create your own wrestlers. there are a number of slots available on each saved game file to store these created wrestlers on. is there any possible way (be it through using a particular emulator, patch, hacking tool, technique etc.) that i could take a created wrestler saved in a slot on one saved game file and transfer him to an empty slot on a completely seperate saved game file?

i used to be involved in 'simfeds' that ran off of an old wrestling game for snes 'super fire pro wrestling x premium' (or 'sfpwxp') that would pit one person's created wrestler against another's. there was a trick in the snes emulator we used to use (zsnes) that would allow single wrestlers to be transfered from one saved game file to another.

by loading one saved game then loading a particular created wrestler within the game's wrestler editing screen, you could then use zsnes' 'save state' feature to store the current state in it's own memory. by then loading the saved game you wanted to transfer the wrestler to and opening the wrestler editing screen, you could load the saved state containing the wrestler from the previous saved game and simply save him into any slot you wanted to.

i'd love to know if there were any gba emulators with similar features that would allow me to do anything at all similar to the technique outlined above.

if there isn't, i hope i've explained what i want to do well enough for someone to be able to suggest an alternative method.

thank you very much for your time :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
if the rom was like huge neo-geo or capcom roms with up to 14 files it would be possible. i can add kof98music to aof3 but i dont think it will be possible to do it with saved states. but u never know with these things anything is possible, i'll help u look around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts