Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im using pcsx2 and i dont know how to play any games with it. exactly what do i do i already have it configured and i have a bios i can also get into the browser and all that. is it possable to play games that i already own on a disk? if so how do i do this. im runiing with sli 7800gtx meaning i have 2. also i have 2 gigs of ram and an amd athlon 64 bit dual core processor. im assuming this pc is good enought to play a crappy ps2 game considering i play literatly everything else at max.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes it is possible to play games but not all games because pcsx2 is still in progress....Here's what u to do insert your game cd to your CD/DVD rom then open up pcsx2 then go to configure change the driver plugin CDVDnull 0.5 to P.E.Op.S. CDVD then configure your P.E.Op.S. CDVD after that go to file then click run cd then wait....

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
That "crappy" game runs best on your PS2. Read the frickin rules and search the damn forums for the compat list before whining about what games run or not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seeker-I said:
yes it is possible to play games but not all games because pcsx2 is still in progress....Here's what u to do insert your game cd to your CD/DVD rom then open up pcsx2 then go to configure change the driver plugin CDVDnull 0.5 to P.E.Op.S. CDVD then configure your P.E.Op.S. CDVD after that go to file then click run cd then wait....

i tryed this and everytime i click run cd it encounters an error and asks if i want to send an error report to microsoft am i doing something wrong or is this what happens when the game is not compatable.

·
EmuAddict-_-;;
2,831 Posts
I dunno why, there are lot of people complain about using P.E.Op.S. CDVD plugin getting error. I suggest u close all other program running in background & leave only windows main process run. Then try again. May be it take some time for a first time to load. Perhaps, it's writing something in registry. be patient. Working with other peoples, then why not u.

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
its simple, put the disk in your pc's DVD drive, use Peops CDVD and run it, cant be simpler than that if you have configured it.

if the game doesnt work its likely its not compatable in the current release, if its the case wait for future releases. If you want to check if its playable do a search of the forum, if it works, somebody will have posted it (most likely)

·
Registered
30 Posts
mercylesnoob said:
i tryed this and everytime i click run cd it encounters an error and asks if i want to send an error report to microsoft am i doing something wrong or is this what happens when the game is not compatable.
maybe ur computer is not compatible with pcsx2 and maybe its not compatible in the current release like what has refraction said or the game u are trying to play doesn't work so it crashes or your system has to many errors inside it or registry problems why not try fixing it with a good fixer out there i suggest tuneup utilities use the latest version after that reboot the "best thing to do if error occurs"......... now after rebooting try opening again pcsx2 if the error pops up again meaning your computer is not really compatible with pcsx2 but don't give up try other tactics maybe u can come up with a solution by your own...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i can get to the browser screen and the mem cards and system config in the bios screen or whatever thats called so im asuming my pc is compatable seems how i have goten some of it to rum. and i cant belive my registry has problems and i dont have viruses i just got this pc and formatted it like last week and i have like 3 fire walls and 4 antivirus programs and 2 spyware programs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
7800sli amd dual core, man i think ur rich enough to get a real ps2. btw 3 firewalls and 4 antivirus then 1 core out of two must b busy all the time running scheduled system scanning. why noob got such a pc while i have a crappy one??????? life isnt fair

n the bios screen or whatever thats called
sorry i have been searching forums for a few days getting this thing to work right and i got realy tired of reading rules and searching
im assuming this pc is good enought to play a crappy ps2 game considering i play literatly everything else at max
btw is it me or u sound like a spoiled lil brat. if PCSX2 doesnt work for u then get over it. either trash ur computer or get ur mama to buy u a ps2. now pls STFU and leave us in peace

·
Narcissist
725 Posts
I feel TuTukun's pain.

Tip to the newcomers. Don't tell us you're "tired of searching" or other self-centered crap, shelve the attitude, we just want details. Tell us what you tried, what you got (be specific, not just "omg it dont work"), and what you were trying to do. Telling us how frustrated you are accomplishes nothing except maybe get you flamed (another source of joy that keeps some of us coming back, but that's a different story). And reading other peoples' threads, even if they appear unrelated to your particular problem, may show you something that you didn't realise.

[/preach] :p

*gives TuTukun a cookie*

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
mercylesnoob said:
i have like 3 fire walls and 4 antivirus programs and 2 spyware programs.
3 firewalls.. hmm overkill and possibly problematic
4 antivirus.. lol, having 2 antivirus's causes serious problems, im not suprised things dont work on your pc ;p
2 spyware programs... if these arent spybot and ad-aware (or something as decent) im just going to laugh, sorry :p

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Having one firewall (hardware or software), one antivirus program, and one anti-spyware app is enough for everybody to be honest. Having more than one antivirus/firewall is going to cause many problems and bog down a system. Some people like to use more than one anti-spyware app, but with common sense you do not really need to use those at all, since you can only really get spyware from adware-loaded apps or malicious websites with an insecure browser (both are easily avoided by changing user habits).

·
Registered
30 Posts
mercylesnoob said:
well i can get to the browser screen and the mem cards and system config in the bios screen or whatever thats called so im asuming my pc is compatable seems how i have goten some of it to rum. and i cant belive my registry has problems and i dont have viruses i just got this pc and formatted it like last week and i have like 3 fire walls and 4 antivirus programs and 2 spyware programs.

use only one antivirus and one antispyware you don't need 4 antivirus, 3 firewalls and 2 spyware programs your computer will be in a very big mess all the resources of your computer is being sucked down by your 4 antivirus, 3 firewalls and 2 spyware programs it will make your computer slow, opening application will consume a lot of time and might even crash your system so use only one...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.