Next Generation Emulation banner

How much was the tutorial helpfull (answer only if you used it)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Intro:

Ok i know this tutorial has already been made but i thought i could make it a bit more detailed since i barely got it to work with the first tut (some stuff are left undescribed which makes it hard to understand)
READ THE NOTES BEFORE YOU START WITH THE TUTORIAL (bottom of the text)

Requierments:

Dolphin emulator (any Revision), PadSimple plugin and nJoy plugin (i used 0.3 so i suggest you use it too :D)

Tutorial:

Start up Dolphin.

Go to the CONFIGURE panel. (you can find it on the toolbar or you can go to the top and look for options and in options the first thing should be configure)and then go to plugins and where you have the padsimple or nJoy plugin click the little arrow to drop it down and first go to padsimple and set the controls you want on the first controller.

open njoy and you can use a simple USB controller (it looks like a ps2 controller) and set the buttons where you want them (it might look like its not doing anything when you set a key but you actually are wetting something :D (just i never could get the D-pad to work... most games dont need it.

Once you finished setting up your controllers you you have to go to the dolphin folder and open user>config>Dolphin.ini and open dolphin.

Scroll down until you see a piece of script that looks like this
SIDevice0 = 150994944
SIDevice1 = 0
SIDevice2 = 0
SIDevice3 = 0

and there might be some stuff between this one

Pad1Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll
Pad2Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll
Pad3Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll
Pad4Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll

Take script #1 from the bottom and copy it over the first piece, and take the second piece of script and copy it over the second part i just showed you.

Run dolhin and go multiplayer and check if it works, if it doesnt feel free to post you problem (i had lots of them until i got it to work flawlessly :D)

Script #1

SIDevice0 = 150994944
SIDevice1 = 150994944
SIDevice2 = 150994944
SIDevice3 = 0

Script #2

Pad2Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll

Note #1:

This configuration is only made for 2 players (since most games dont support more than 2).
Note #2:
Make a backup of Dolphin.ini if you get something badly wrong (but that cant happen if you pay attention.

Note #3:
Once you change the configuration of the buttons and copied the script correctly after that DO NOT try and change the buttons again because you are going to copy the second script again. (whenever you go to configure
and you change the pad plugin it will generate a new script in the Dolphin.ini that say that all 4 players will use the (in this case) pad plugin (keyboard)
and when you go to dolhpin.ini and you reconfigured the stuff for the keyboard you will notice that the script changed all the players to keyboard

Pad4Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll (the pads are the 4 players, and the Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll is what plugin the player is using.
Now this might sound confusing so just take my advice and first change the controller exactly how you want it and then change the script and dont change it any more (if you want to change it and you make a mistake somewhere post you problem here!
Note #4:
All the credits go to CacoFFF (since he's the one who found this out :D)
I just wanted to make a more detailed approach for people who don't have a lot of experience with scripting.

Note #5:
Dont worry you cant make a major mistake if you have a backup of the file...

I hope that i helped someone out there who want to play 2 players.

Final note
:
This is the first version of the tut i will be adding pictures to make it easy to follow and feel free to ask any question.
Will be adding steps for 4 players.

Cheers,
Uber

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok so when i go in-game it doesnt respond, i am trying to play Bleach vs Crusade and it just doesn't respond :/
Only the keyboard works, my ontroller doesnt respond...
Will be posting the script...

Edit:

this is how it looks...

Please help me!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i know what the problem is, and it's easy to fix...
You see what you did is what i noted makes the two player mode not work :D
so you have to open the script and paste this over the piece you posted

So as you can see you configured the buttons how you wanted and when you post this it tells Dolphin that PAd2Plugin (player two) is using a joystick...
Once this is done you are ready to go...

And a note:
Now when you configure your script all you have to do is paste the script and dont change the configuration (so think wisely when you change the config before changing the script).

This should fix it :D

Good luck and have fun, post any other prob you experience and we can fix it :D

Cheers,
Uber

·
the emulation youtuber
232 Posts
im puzzeled why your trying to get multiplayer on dolphin this way :s becuase i dont do it this way.
i just make sure all my controllers are recognised in the gamecube tab of the config settings and then configure my gamepads in njoy 0.3 and play :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because it doesnt work for everybody :D
for me it didnt, it didnt see my controller...
whenever i would try and config something he would set all the players to that pad... making it impossible to use the other pad you set :D

So i choose njoy as a pad and then all 4 players have t use njoy (even though njoy is made for joysticks)

This is meant for keyboard and controller to work together in the same time... and for people who dont have a clue on how to play multi :D

Clearer now? :D

Cheers,
Uber

·
the emulation youtuber
232 Posts
oh i see. well the great stuff :thumb:
great to know that works. i'll try that out myself and see if i can get 3 players on dolphin.
excellent work again :D

iNexXxuS

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Oh :D
To get 4 players to work you will need to go to
DOLPHIN>OPTIONS>CONFIG>PLUGINS and go to the padsimple plugin and configure player number three somewhere on the keyboard (use the num keyboard since it has space for some controls and use the arrows and ctrl, shift.) Or whateveer suits you (but to get the most out of the keyboard try and make player on use these buttons as pads. WASD FCVB 6TYU they are colse enough to let the second player use part of the letter part of the keyboard, i used IJKL and some buttons around and as D pad i used arrows and nums for the last one :D

This was just a piece of advice... you dont have to put the third player like i did :D
and for the last one (i dont think you have space for him on the keyboard :D)
so i suggest you use another controller (i use USB controllers)
Then set the controller's keys. once you configure the other two players you do this.
Go to DOLPHIN(folder)>USER>CONFIG>DOLPHIN.INI
and back to that script.

Pad1Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll Player one (it doesnt matter how
Pad2Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll Player two the script looks, mea-
Pad3Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll Player Three ning that it can even
Pad4Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll Player four say only padsimple)

(the higlighted are might say any plugin it doesnt matter becauze we are changing it now...)
this is because you may have configured the joystick last, not the keyboard but it doesnt matter :D (one of my notes talks about this and its hard to explain you have to see it for yourself :D

and now to get back to work.
over the piece of script copy this:
a) if you want player 3 to use keyboard and player 4 to use
a joystick

Pad4Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll

b) And if you want player 4 to use keyboard and player 3 to use joystick do this:

Pad3Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll

I think by now you get how this works? i just set which plugin which player will use :D

Note #1:
When you start configuring make sure you configure controller two not one :D
and if this doesnt work there is another way it will work :D
just post if you have any problem :D'

Cheers,
Uber

EDIT:
I noticed that some people aren't happy with the tutorial...
Can you please post you problem so we can work it out together...
Please guys...:p:???::drool::evil::innocent::mad::(;):D:p:lol:
And i hope you didnt just say it sucks and you didn't even read it :mad:

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Hi all.

This worked for me and they all use the njoy plugin now. Though njoy has issues with setting axis for some controllers correctly.

Script #1

SIDevice0 = 150994944
SIDevice1 = 150994944
SIDevice2 = 150994944
SIDevice3 = 150994944

Script #2

Pad1Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll
Pad3Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll
Pad4Plugin = Plugins/Plugin_nJoy_SDL.dll

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pm ed you some things you can try...
People please tell me why you post that it sucks?
What is the problem?
I really dont understand because i think you didnt even use it...
If you actually did post you prob FFS!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.