Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just dled this emulator on my new vista laptop so I can play FF8... I was able to do it fine on my Win2k PC, but whenever I hit Run CDRom now, it closes the emulator, saying there was an error.

Im using Vista. The plugins Im using are all Petes, the less recent ones... they are required for FF8... Ive tried using the last two versions of epsxe all with the same result... except for the first which said I was missing a file called zlib1.dll. I had that same problem with my 2k though.
P.E.Op.S./Pete's OpenGL Windows PSX GPU V 1.78
P.E.Op.S. DSound PSX SPU V 1.9
P.E.Op.S. CDR Version 1.4

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ePSXe.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3cd588b6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2431
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2431
Additional Information 2: eed83dd294cea094aec419b43ad24ec3
Additional Information 3: ae48
Additional Information 4: b79784f460df64201cf0733301fbf7ec

EDIT: I just figured out how to get the first version to start up, but I STILL get this same error message when I try to play my game....

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Considering the plugins you are usual, im not surprised there are problems.

Replace Peops CDR with Sapu CDR.
replace Peops Dsouns with Eternal SPU.

and be sure to run epsxe with run as admin as it writes and reads from the registry.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
But FF8 is very finicky... Ill try to replace it with what you suggested, but so far the plugins I use are the only ones ive found that will run the game properly.

EDIT: Wow, it worked! Thanks! The video runs about twice as fast, and the rest of the game runs a bit fast as well, but I can deal with that. Thanks! ^^

EDIT: Fighting doesnt work right... which is the problem I had with most other plugins. I cant see the battle menu... Ill try to play around with the settings, but do you have any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: I fixed it, then tweaked it till it seems just as good as it did the last time I played... better, cause the music isnt too fast for the video this time, it seems. ^^ Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
haha :)
EternalSPU has the spuasync setting, if you set it to wait it works like an audio sync, which is more accurate then synching to Vsync or a rounded off frame rate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It broke again....>.>; My computer did its automatic update thing and the game wont start now. >.< Ill keep trying to tweak, but its been a day and I havnt fixed it yet... v.v;

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Disable D.E.P. its finicky under Vista.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
download EazyBCD or Vista Boot Pro, either of those should contain an option to disable DEP. its a protection method, which usually prevents data in memory from being modified, though emulation sometimes does do that sort of thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.