Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Playable in the list mean full spead too?

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
'Playable' means if you have patience, you could get from start to finish. It does not mean at a playable framerate. Though speeds are improving in many games, FFX at 20-40 FPS using vuREC etc....

·
Registered
17 Posts
CKemu said:
'Playable' means if you have patience, you could get from start to finish. It does not mean at a playable framerate. Though speeds are improving in many games, FFX at 20-40 FPS using vuREC etc....
wut is vuREC.......?

and also, ckemu, how come at ur site clicking on sumthing takes u no where...?

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
vuREC is vector unit recompiler. Or a recompiler for the vu0 and vu1 cpu's of the PS2. They handle 3D. This can be enabled via PCSX2's cpu options (currently only if you have an SSE2 capable CPU, though this will change next release).

My site is being worked on atm, so all links are dead on purpose.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Because Kingdom Hearts is playable and FFX only goes ingame. To be more explicit, I think it`s because you can play Kingdom Hearts from start to finish, where FFX let`s you see only one area and when you get out of that area it will lock up when it tries to load the second one (so you can`t play it from start to finish).

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Hit the nail on the head ;) Thats exactly right:

Playable
You can get from 'new game' to 'end credits'. This is regardless of FPS, some games are playable, such as 'Dsgaea' at full speed, others at a miserable 10 FPS.

Ingame
You can get through menus, intro cutscenes / videos, and see ingame graphics, but either due to graphical bugs, crashes, un-resolved errors, you can't play through the entire game.

Menus
You can get into the menus, be it past 3D / video intro, memcard checks etc, but when starting a new game, it will lock up, crash, enter a loop etc.

Intro
The game will show 2D logos, or video, but will not get into menus. This could be one screen, or 20, but won't show much.

Nothing
Exactly what it says, this game crashes before showing any graphics, making any sound etc!

·
Registered
767 Posts
boo said:
So why is Kingdom Hearts concidered playable in the compatiability list when FFX is concidered only to go ingame?
FFX as Cloud Strife 7 has explained can go ingame, but holds up at FMV's and with the present version of FFX it gets stuck on change of areas. So no one has got through the whole game from start to end. :)

Kingdom Hearts gets through all the scenes and all the FMV's (Videos) and reaches the end of the game and so is considered to be fully playable even with low speed. :D

Cloud Strife 7 said:
FFX let`s you see only one area and when you get out of that area it will lock up when it tries to load the second one (so you can`t play it from start to finish).
True. :thumb: The Next release will however solve these problems to some extent. Better perfomance is also expected from the next release. Thought you might want to know in case you didn't know already.

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
The Compatibility list IS GREAT!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Good Work CKemu. ;) I'll try to inform you in the IRC about the new working games (If I get one :D )

I think it would be better if you add 'FULL SPPED' to the compatibility list. ( But you'll have to add the minimus specs too, so it is a big job to do :rolleyes: )

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
If you click a screenshot, u can see the FPS in the title bar (from that screen), so you can get an idea of how much speed u can get in a game :) (of course will also depend of the PC Specs)

·
Banned
58 Posts
Yes i think that if a game runs at 10 fps at least the speed will be a little good. Yoy see, i have test some gamecube games on dolphin (gamecube emulator) and i saw that the game warioworld runs at 10 fps (heh, i was lucky) and yes i also saw that the speed was enough good. But when i was try to run sonic adventure 2 battle, it was running only 3 fps, and it was realy :evil: VERY SLOWWW!!!!
So i think that maybe the playstation 2 games will run at a good speed, if the they run at atleast 10 fps. :p
Also as i say i am Orokusaki, or else the shredder!! I am a utrom! a mind inside a robot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
58 Posts
OROKUSAKI said:
Yes i think that if a game runs at 10 fps at least the speed will be a little good. Yoy see, i have test some gamecube games on dolphin (gamecube emulator) and i saw that the game warioworld runs at 10 fps (heh, i was lucky) and yes i also saw that the speed was enough good. But when i was try to run sonic adventure 2 battle, it was running only 3 fps, and it was realy :evil: VERY SLOWWW!!!!
So i think that maybe the playstation 2 games will run at a good speed, if the they run at atleast 10 fps. :p
Also as i say i am Orokusaki, or else the shredder!! I am a utrom! a mind inside a robot!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here 2 of my enemies!!

·
Banned
58 Posts
I think that it is a good idea if you put in the comptablity list the system specs that you have use to test the game. :thumb: I mean we know what games are playble, but it will be good if we know what machine you have used to test them. :thumb: That is because there are some pepole (like me), has not have a very powerful pc.
Athlon xp 2200+ 512 mb ram 133 mhz, nvdia geforce fx 5700le.

·
Registered
218 Posts
OROKUSAKI said:
I think that it is a good idea if you put in the comptablity list the system specs that you have use to test the game. :thumb: I mean we know what games are playble, but it will be good if we know what machine you have used to test them. :thumb: That is because there are some pepole (like me), has not have a very powerful pc.
Athlon xp 2200+ 512 mb ram 133 mhz, nvdia geforce fx 5700le.
you should put your stats in your signiture.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.