Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the lowest playable smooth FPS for games with heavy graphics like Crysis,Call Of Duty 4,Assasins Creed,GTA 4,Crysis Warhead,Gears of war,Lost planet:extreme condition,Devil may cry 4,Dead Space etc.I am asking this because I am going to buy a Sapphire Radeon 4850 512MB.I have seen it's FPS in various games.But still I want to hear from you.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,516 Posts
The question of "playable" is going to differ from person to person.

For me, 30fps is "playable". I prefer 60fps or more for a "smooth" gameplay experience.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well, got a little confused as did you mean First Person Shooter or Frames Per Second:lol: But it is the latter I think:D

I have to agree with masta, 30 is pretty much the limit... I have played Far Cry with 20 FPS but that was no fun... Not that the game was that good anyways, just an example!:lol:

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
The question of "playable" is going to differ from person to person.

For me, 30fps is "playable". I prefer 60fps or more for a "smooth" gameplay experience.
That's pretty much exactly my opinion as well. 30fps is playable for me, can still play on 28fps, but anything below that, and I get a headache in 10 minutes! Let alone the fact that it becomes really difficult to aim in FPS games anyway,

Though some people are a little bit more demanding, for really hard-core out of control people, nothing less then 60fps will do oO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts