Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I'm surprised at all the products that are sold to do this, YOU MUST BE STUPID TO BUY THEM, this method should work on all psp models, i can only speak for the slim and phat models at the moment.

REMOTE JOY = NO$GBA for psp games

you need
1. a psp with CUSTOM FIRMWARE INSTALLED "CFW"
2. CFW with 5.00 m33-6, lower should also work
2. a computer
3. a tv (optional)
4. a pc controller (optional)
5. a moderate graphics, nothing fancy, your just outputing video, not emulating the psp.[/COLOR]

The source has been released, so you will probably find some releases on the internet that doesn't even work. A simple method is to delete the .dat file, which are the user settings before you run it the first time, it does "auto detect" and save settings on exit. Which presents a problem for users sharing the release with the .dat file included. Instead I will describe all the settings and configurations below I am using.

Sometimes the program can crash, or your computer, if you attempt to run multiple instances. Your computer may crash if you attempt to load a different .dat file, or attempt to load another .dat file after one has been loaded in memory (page file crash/error). A simple remedy is to only run one instance of the program, and avoid deleting or using other .dat file while the program is in use.

INSTALLING REMOTE JOY .19 OR .20a, SEE ATTACHMENTS

1. put "seplugins" folder in the root of your psp
2. start the psp and hold the R shoulder button to enter into
"recovery mode" and enable both remotejoylite.prx modules
a. the plugin with "vsh" behind it is to see the screen in the
main psp menu
b. the plugin with the "game" behind it is to see the screen in
the game after you start it
3. when you connect your psp to your computer, don't let your
pc install a driver automatically, select the TYPE B, driver
and install it (in the type B drivers folder)
4. start the program "remotejoylite_en.exe" and you will see your psp
screen on your psp (use the psp for sound). (put the remotejoylite_en.exe and libusb0.dll files in the same folder, there
both for the program)
5. you will only see the screen in the main menu (VSH), and in the
game, no where else on the psp, and not in usb mode.

*note, if you cannot get into "recovery mode", hold the power button on your psp until it shuts down, this is known as a "HARD RESET"

USING REMOTEJOY

This is my setup, again i have tested the remotejoy in the attachment below, and some on the internet will not work.

1. WINDOWS XP SP3 32-BIT (86x)
2. PHAT PSP with 5.00m33-6, no other pluggins enabled, after you get your remotejoy setup working then you can enable other plugins again, to avoid a conflict if there is any.
3. XBOX360 CONTROLLER, so i don't need to use the PHAT PSP as a controller
4. Joystick and Keyboard enabled, but no control options changed, since i can't anyway
5. MICROSOFT XBOX360 SP3 XBOX360 DRIVER FOR PC
5. XPADDER to fully use the XBOX 360 CONTROLLER[/COLOR]

REMOTE JOY DEFAULT KEYBOARD CONTROLS

Using the above setup you will notice that you cannot change the keyboard controls, (with the exception of the home key and like a few others). And your keyboard will not use the analog on the psp, so you use the xbox360's analog and map the keyboard to your joystick using XPADDER. Instructions are below.

volume up = not used
volume down = not used
screen button = not used
Home = END keyboard (set manually from options)
Start = Home keyboard
Select = ENTER keyboard
Right Shoulder = W keyboard
Left Shoulder = Q keyboard
Cross = Z keyboard
Circle = X keyboard
Triangle = S keyboard
Square = A keyboard
d-pad up = arrow key up
d-pad down = arrow key down
d-pad right = arrow key right
d-pad left = arrow key left
ANALOG = xbox360 analog stick, use XPADDER to map the keyboard

Note*, make sure keyboard is enabled, and your joystick is being reported, select joystick 00 or 01, it will report the number values

OTHER REMOTE JOY CONTROLS

Right Click window with your mouse to see / MENU
ALT + ENTER: full screen / window mode
ESC: set mode.
F1 : F1: FPS, color display mode
F3 : F3: screen transfer ON / OFF switch
F4 : F4: window title display ON / OFF
F9 : F9: input macro recording start / end
F11: F11: Screen
F12: F12: Video capture [/COLOR]

Correcting color:

under FILTER tab, select "separate RGB correction", first digit .95 is red, second 1.02 is green, third 1.00 is blue. keep the ratio you can make the screen lighter uniformly adding or reducing the numbers for the desired color effect.

NOTES

You can disable the psp's screen while playing it on your pc or tv (connect wire from your graphics card to tv), use the option under the PSP TAB, in the remotejoy menu check "TURN PSP SCREEN OFF", you may not see all the letters but after you check it and select SAVE, then exit the menu the psp screen will turn off and your pc or tv screen will not turn off. all you do is hit the SCREEN button on the psp to turn your psp screen back on.

I can play every new psp game on 5.00m33-6 by decrypting the eboot.bin using ISOTOOL 1.74, or by decrypting it and PROMETHEUS patching it using the option to .6, its default, or in some rare cases the old .5 (but those cases are very rare, just test the game out)

FORGOT THE LAST STEP

ENJOY THE BEST PSP COUGH*, EMULATOR AVAILABLE, AT FULL SPEED FOR ALL THE PSP GAMES, YOU PAID FOR AND BACKUPED UP, YOUR LEGAL RIGHT.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited by Moderator)
OK SO YOUR WONDERING ABOUT PSX GAMES

Susposedly remotejoylite 20a, the last version released has better support for the psx games and the pops plugin (remotejoylite 19 is more stable and the version used in this guide, this guide applies to both versions). However it presents a lot of problems, and to avoid the possibility of bricks i suggest to not use IRSHELL to play PSX games. IRSHELL can work with/like REMOTEJOY but it can cause bricks.

If you want to play PSX games that badly, i'd suggest just to use your psp game, or if you have a psp2000 (slimline), use your video out port. Since IRSHELL will involve your pc in this setup, you can avoid it altogether by using EPSXE, and checking out that section of the forum.

IRSHELL has never caught my attention.

EDIT - XPADDER SET UP FOR XBOX360 CONTROLLER

d-pad - keyboard arrow keys
right 360 analog stick - keyboard arrow keys
left 360 analog stick - unmapped
Left trigger - Q keyboard
Right trigger - W keyboard
Y button - S keyboard
X button - A keyboard
A button - Z keyboard
B button - X keyboard
Left Shoulder - END keyboard

Notice I am using all of the default keyboard assignments remotejoy already uses, with the exception of assign the 360's analog any keys, because it detects.

SEE BELOW FOR XPADDER CONFIGURATION FILE

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Could you please change the dark red fonts to something lighter? It blends with the background color, making it all but unreadable.

yeshuachrist said:
FORGOT THE LAST STEP

ENJOY THE BEST PSP COUGH*, EMULATOR AVAILABLE, AT FULL SPEED FOR ALL THE PSP GAMES, YOU PAID FOR AND BACKUPED UP, YOUR LEGAL RIGHT.
I wouldn't call RemoteJoy an emulator, since it doesn't try to regenerate the PSP environment. And what's that about backing up PSP games? You run them from the original hardware, so you don't need to back them up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wouldn't call RemoteJoy an emulator, since it doesn't try to regenerate the PSP environment. And what's that about backing up PSP games? You run them from the original hardware, so you don't need to back them up.
It emulates the video output device, but no its not a full "emulator". RemotejoyLITE, can give some games variable speeds when run from a UMD drive. The best option since remotejoylite requires custom firmware "CFW" would be to backup your original to your sdcard.

Using the VSH menu and setting the processor speed to 333mhz, and the memory card access to fast ALWAYS, from the recovery menu, solves the speed issue. When the psp's video output is being emulated by the computer.

I tried a few games from my original umd disks, and get variable speeds, so i just backup them up and put them on my psp and avoided the hassle altogether. These are a few of the games i tried on remotejoy .19

Brave Story = full speed/save/load
Generation of chaos = full speed/save/load
Yugioh GX Tag Force = full speed/save/load
Lunar Silver Harmony = full speed/save/load "prometheus .6" patched

Freeze on gamesave

Spectral Soul = full speed/save freeze
Wild Arms XF = full speed/save freeze

The two that are freezing do not need decrypting of the boot.bin file, or prometheus patching, some game are just prone to freezing, i will try the two in .20a in the first attachment in this thread, and see if the results are the same, since .20a gives remotejoylite.prx more memory from the psp to use. This could of been a release directed at this specific problem.

Any small measure that removes the use of the psp as a controller is a benefit, I alwo think the 3DS may do something similar with emulation, PARTIAL EMULATION. The 3DS is just to complicated to emulate pratically during the product life of the handheld console. We are probably looking at a new standard.

(tip: that nation has offended ever other nation in the earth, they smell your blood, and are waiting for your demise)

SAVE FREEZING FIXED REMOTEJOY .20A

Ok the problem is solved, this guide applies to remotejoy .20a too, the home button, and start/select were not set right, but you can change to follow the guide by using the "menu" in remotejoy 20a. It was a memory allocation error, not enough was available to use to write into the sd memory, i also do not have any other plugins enabled, because it can burn up the rest of the memory.

20a is the better, and faster, it is the version included in the link above, but you should also try 19 if you run into trouble. Since I tested a non-prometheus version firmware

(the law is mine, the spirit of life is mine, therefore the law of NEWLIFE is mine. The death is yours, your rejection of the S-U-N SON is yours, therefore the son of perdition is yours (mankind's))

EDIT

THIS IS THE BEST PSP EMULATOR AVAILABLE LMAO !!!!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts

I wanted to show everyone what one of these devices looked like. They originally were priced anywhere from 50 to 100, but you can get a PANDORA BATTERY, for about 10$, and run your psp on your tv, provided you have a computer, and a tv that has a few spare video plugs not used.

I managed to get perfect sound from my tv, i used an audio jack, and spliced it to the audio in wire for a component connection to the tv. The tv acts as a filter and makes the sound perfect. Also, i'm using a DVI to COMPOSITE cable from my pc's video card, so i can switch inputs to the monitor, because i only have one vga cable.

So it all works out, this is a working setup you can use also.

ANYWAY THOSE ARE JUST SOME THOUGHTS, BUT ENJOY YOUR PSP

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Can you please stop the nonsense inbetween the actual info or I'll be forced to move this thread off the the bin too just like your last. In other words stop being IGNORANT of anti-spam rules.

Edit: In fact I've decided to edit your post to remove all the nonsense, fell free to add RELEVANT info back that I might have removed by mistake.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you please stop the nonsense inbetween the actual info or I'll be forced to move this thread off the the bin too just like your last. In other words stop being IGNORANT of anti-spam rules.

Edit: In fact I've decided to edit your post to remove all the nonsense, fell free to add RELEVANT info back that I might have removed by mistake.
Actually i'd agree with you, this kind of a thread is really out of place in an emulation sub-forum, I won't be making any more posts that could be considered as a violation of the anti-spam rules though, question, since this thread has nothing to do with "emu"lation in a misc handheld discussion, is it any more valid than say an off the wall comment like this:

REVELATION 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The WOMEN is not considered a "heathen", the "son of perdition" is considered a heathen, likewise. My lord has answered me and slain many heathen from the AFRICAN CONTINENT and the SOUTH AMERICAN CONTINENT, many african bloods and spanish bloods were slain because of my lord's righteousness, and many many more will be slain because of the righteousness which is in me, his son.

I have created a nation by my law, the 13 confederate states, and i have aided the survial of another nation by my faith, you were given a description of the continents and landmasses required for the reformation of the NEW EARTH, Australia was not included, my mouse slipped against it when i gave you a picture of the new earth. My law is a complete law.

ok question my kind friend

If the above statement is SPAM ?, then this whole thread should be SPAM too, because it has nothing to do with emulation in the emulation sub-section.

THANKS AGAIN, GOOD MODERATERS KEEP THE FORUM CLEAN:thumb:

·
Buried in the Programming
138 Posts
RemoteJoy doesn't emulate anything. At all.
Nothing wrong about talking about RemoteJoy here, this is the Misc Handheld Discussion, and RemoteJoy is a PSP app, so that's fine.

But your above statement is a spam, i.e. unsolicited crap that no-one wants to read.

Have a good day.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Indeed. In misc handheld discussion it doesn't have to be about emulation, just about handhelds in some legitimate way or another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts