Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for all the questions Ive got but .. is there a way to play games that are on my computer in ISO files or IMG or BIN files by connecting a cable to the PS2 ?

I need a DVD-RW to burn the ISO-BIN-IMG files because they over 4GB but I dont have a DVD-RW so an Idea came to mind - why not to connect the PS2 to the PC (like some people rip games for backups or movies) and just do the operation the other way around ... to send the data from the PC to the PS2 so I can play games without burning them ..
what do you think ? is that even possible ?

again ... sorry for all the questions.

G

·
Why don't you buy them?

And please, read the forum rules;
http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showpost.php?p=751350&postcount=2

NGEmu takes a "no tolerance" stance against the trading/sharing/discussion of illegal software, also known as warez. Links to or requests for illegally-obtained commercial material, such as ROMs, ISOs, or BIOS images will not be tolerated. If you post in a forum for support and you are found to be in possession of illegal content, your thread will be immediately closed.
I'm closing this topic now.

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
from where i read about pc - ps networking, it's not possible to play a ps2 game directly from pc. Unless there's a ps2 hdd involved. but that talk is forbidden here so i don't want to talk about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but on the new compact PSTwo there isnt HDD support so ...
anyway, what if I put a game in my DVD-Rom drive on the computer , isnt there a way to link it to the PS2 ?
USB or something like that ? because I know of cables that let you play the PS2 on the PC screen with high resolution instead on the TV Monitor .. so maybe some backward cable ?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
yair23 said:
because I know of cables that let you play the PS2 on the PC screen with high resolution instead on the TV Monitor .. so maybe some backward cable ?
That 'box' is called vga box :))) but you can only use it to connect your ps2 directly to pc monitor, nothing more, oh you can always connect your ps2 to your tv card, and then you'll be able to 'play' ps2 games on your pc (monitor) ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KanedA said:
That 'box' is called vga box :))) but you can only use it to connect your ps2 directly to pc monitor, nothing more, oh you can always connect your ps2 to your tv card, and then you'll be able to 'play' ps2 games on your pc (monitor) ;)
That is what I want, My TV sucks ... all crapy :( so I will connect it to my PC ... I also saw something that connects the PC to the PS2 so you can play games from your PC ..
is that possible ?

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Emmm... I think it's immposible... different hardware, you can play only those pc games which were ported to ps2

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no I meant that you can play backups that you did on your PC so it will go faster and smoother ... they sell here some cable with software ..

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
you mean transferring your back ups from pc to ps2 hdd? :) there is a possibility but you have to have ps2 network adapter + hdd in your ps2 :) than you can transfer your (oryginal and nothing else! :p) games to ps2 by lan network, or usb cable (if i'm not wrong:) ) or just connect your ps2 hdd to pc and transfer them that way :) (afaik fastest method from those three)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts