Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using NO$GBA since about a year. I currently am simply a gamer, but its this very emu which made me rethink to become a programmer - I am about to complete my High school, and am going for this stuff... :D

I have played Diamond on No$gba. It was able to run Wifi to atleast go Underground (using Explorer Kit) and go hunting for items. I loved that part of Diamond. :wub: However, the same thing, with the same WFC settings in Platinum, (I now suppose these in-game WFC settings don't have a needle point importance to the emu), it says Communication error has occured and you will be returned to title screen on pressing 'a' button. :eyemove:

Whats the thing that made NO$gba allow Diamond the underground, and not Platinum.

I am sorry for bad English and typos, am in real hurry.

Thanks.:thumb:

EDIT:
PS: I have gone through the very first point of NO$GBA FAQs, but since Diamond allowed it, I wondered what made Platinum NOT have it.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
The code has been changed. Not really sure why, but until any emulator gets WiFi support, we can do nothing about it.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I recall dozens of people complaining about not having access to the Underground either in Diamond/Pearl. The only thing I can guess is that those that got into the Underground in Diamond were using a patched ROM which disables Pokemon's WiFi check (before no$gba had basic WiFi support mentioned on the site (WHICH DOES NOT WORK FOR ANY COMMERICAL GAMES OR ANY PRACTICAL PURPOSES WHATSOEVER) it refused to start giving that same error so someone came up with a patch to remove the check so that Diamond could run on no$gba which I assume would have also eliminated the check on the Underground.
No such thing exists for Platinum however and eventhough the games are just about the same it's inadvisable to use the patch created for Diamond as with the added content of Platinum the address of the WiFi check has probably moved and there's no certainty exactly what you will be patching so you could very well break the game in some way or another, maybe not immediately noticeable, but there will be something broken at some point if it's not the WiFi check that's patched.

PS. the caps part was not a shout at you as you seem to understand the concept but rather a clear message to anyone who plans to say that I am contradicting myself in the FAQ or when I say WiFi features can't be used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Schumi
Oh... When I had read half your post, I was just thinking of patching Platinum for Wifi, lol, it was just as if you knew what I was about to think! :D

I did read that the new release dates of NO$GBA aren't known to you in the FAQ, but I still can't resist asking you if you know anything about the upcoming release.

@Smiley:

Thanks. I wonder when would that come. I bet if that comes before I get admissions to Info Tech Universities, I would end up being a gamer instead of a programmer :D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No, I am just as in the dark as the rest of you, and I know just as little about when or even if future releases will eventually appear, but just like the rest of you I most certainly hope that eventually martin improves no$gba some more.

By the way, if you're thinking of getting into programming so that you can eventually mess around with no$gba then forget it, first of all emulation is one of the hardest things to program, secondly no$gba is not open source so unless you can get your improvements into no$gbafrom the outside like No$Zoomer and NGZoom somehow manage then you're outa luck.

·
Walk, Walk, Walk Gatomon
124 Posts
Actually there is a way to go to underground on Platinum, take your save file and if you have the ideas emu open the game there with your save file on the save files folder ideas has set up for them to go in, be sure to have enabled the wi-fi plug-in and the sound plug-in too, the save type in ideas is flash 4mbits (512 kb), I tested it there and it works.

I know isn't too comfy to use two emus but at least it will help to get the underground side too

Note: on NO$GBA make sure that on the NO$GBA.ini file the savefile type is set to RAW, this way it will generate a 512 KB save file which works with ideas without problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@dbgarza
Thanks. I will certainly try that out - I would definitely have to try it first because my game is going very good now and I don't want to mess it up. I might make a mistake in the saving, but I definitely am up for this Underground thing.

EDIT: You mean to say, I have to edit the no$gba.ini file? I set the NDS backup cartridge to FLASH 512Kbytes. Still, it won't work. I transfer the save file to ideas, but it won't accept it and wills start a new game itself. I tried to import the save file, but it won't use that too.

@schumi:
Well, if you say emulation is the hardest thing ever, I am up for that. Its not gonna be that tough once I start. I have been seeing programmers work day-night to get their job done. And I already have a mind set to work like that.

Plus, I am not thinking of just NO$GBA anyways, there are lots of other means. I lately started to think to create the same game just for PC... but all this thinking is only good after a few years, afterall, learning to program and designing graphics is not a job of one day. Plus I have a whole group of friends who would like to program.

If you have got some suggestions, then go on, I am up for them too! :)

·
Walk, Walk, Walk Gatomon
124 Posts
on NO$GBA.ini file there is a part that says which type of savefile method should use, usualy is set to be compresses/uncompressed, you have to change that line to raw and save the .ini file, then open NO$GBA and load your game and save once so the save file will be a 512 kb size, close NO$GBA make a backup of your save file just in case (that's what I do) and then put your save file on the ideas emu saves directory, you can just put it on the ideas folder and on the ideas path settings point that the .sav files are stored on that folder.

Then on ideas set the save file type to be at flash 4mbits (512 kb) and then load Pokemon Platinum, if you did it right the game will recognize your save

·
Pokemaniac
74 Posts
just a question... how did you make Pokemon Platinum to work on Ideas? I tried it but it always crashes when I press Z button or Enter (Start) button in the game freak screen... What should I do now? I got these plugins AceKard.dll, aud.dll, DInput.dll, DsPad.dll, mic.dll, SDL.dll, and wifi.dll... Am I missing a plugin?

Configs... Sound enabled & wifi enabled...

Please help... I searched for pokemon platinum on Ideas section but of no result... T_T

I wanna try what you said (dbgarza) about the underground coz I wanna get lots of heart scales... hehehe... but i'm stuck with this problem...

Hope you help me... Thanks!

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Try asking this question in the iDeaS then...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just a question... how did you make Pokemon Platinum to work on Ideas? I tried it but it always crashes when I press Z button or Enter (Start) button in the game freak screen... What should I do now? I got these plugins AceKard.dll, aud.dll, DInput.dll, DsPad.dll, mic.dll, SDL.dll, and wifi.dll... Am I missing a plugin?

Configs... Sound enabled & wifi enabled...

Please help... I searched for pokemon platinum on Ideas section but of no result... T_T

I wanna try what you said (dbgarza) about the underground coz I wanna get lots of heart scales... hehehe... but i'm stuck with this problem...

Hope you help me... Thanks!
Well, if its crashing, its most certain that your save type of file is not set to RAW. Follow these intstructions. Open No$GBA folder and open its .ini file. Check for file save = compressed, and replace compressed to RAW.
Now start your NO$GBA and open the emulation setup. Next select the option FLASH 512KBYTES in "NDS Cartrdige.." option.

When you are working on Ideas, you need to have the save file type option set to Flash 4Mbits in Ideas.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a problem and sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I wasn't sure about the whole Underground thing (I'm playing Pearl) and I just went down to check it out and when I wanted to go back up, it just freezes. What's more, I saved the game on the game's prompt to save it before I went underground, so the gamesave is RIGHT before I went underground. Now I don't know how much of a factor that is in my problem, but even when I try to continue my game from where I saved, all I get is two black screens..... I don't really see much of this problem anywhere else, so I wonder if anyone has any ideas??

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
The blank screens on loading should have been resolved by 2.6. What version of No$ are you using?
Pokemon games are also known to freeze up at certain points if the sound option is turned off.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
This might sound strange but try using an older version like 2.5c

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found out a way

Solved

u are able to enter underground on platinum
by using no$gba version 2.4d which i have just proven
by doing it lol

DL Link:
RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

U just have to copy ur save to the v2.4d folder :
(just copy the BATTERY folder and paste in v2.4d folder)

then u have to set something from inside the NO$gba settings :
go to the "options" tab then "emulation setup" then change "NDS Cartridge backup media" to "FLASH 512Kbytes"(depending on what the save file was made on, mine was that, if u dont know which was yours then just experiment):thumb:

·
No. 9 Super Robot
61 Posts
mako4lajf NEARLY found a solution

Nice try, mako4lajf. It's true that you can access the Sinnoh Underground with NO$GBA 2.4d, but you can't exit it or your game will freeze. So it's impossible to take any treasures with you to the surface or save your progress. Should have checked that first.

It's three months since the last post. Has anyone else found a working solution to this problem?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Short answer:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.