Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!
if you intrseted to help to make an xbox emulátor please replay!!!
i need alll help what i can get!

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Im not here to join, but i wanted to ask a couple of questions, which may encourage others for you.

what programming experience have you got?
have you made any emulators in the past?

i think these 2 questions are essential, an XBox emulator will not be a small or easy project, so expect some hard times ahead.

otherwise, good luck :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi!
i dont have high programmer sikk, im just learning.
i posted this becouse a read many things about xbox.
i ony call this an "emulator", the real thing is that i want to make some kind of software like vitrual pc 2004, becouse the same hardware.
a think will talk about an emulator if we got 10ghz cpus.
pcsx 2 is needs mmore than 10x of power than the original hardware.

(sorry for my bad english)

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
PCSX 2 needs so much power because isn´t complete at all there are many things that need to be done,emulated,corrected and optimize it before you can see some speeds.

Greetz

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
@ruantec-Man said:
PCSX 2 needs so much power because isn´t complete at all there are many things that need to be done,emulated,corrected and optimize it before you can see some speeds.

Greetz
that plus the fact altho PC technology is newer than the PS2, the bandwidth required is still a lot lower, which sucks :p even my L2 cache cant transfer as fast as the PS2 gets its information around the system, and my L2 is doing 20gb/sec!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow. this is fast :D
by the why, i dont know what is the secret of chankast becouse, this result under 3 months is amezing. but that is not open source :(

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
All I can say is, good luck man! I really hope to see an emulator run Halo 2 in the future.

These links may be of help:

XBE File documentation (by Caustik) http://www.caustik.com/cxbx/download/xbe.htm

Xbox-Scene
http://www.xbox-scene.com

However, if you are just learning programming, your in for a ride. But hey, I'd love to play Halo 2 on my computer, I wish you good luck!

Oh, refraction - quick question. If you ever got sick of PCSX2, would you work on CXBX?

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Master Chief said:
Oh, refraction - quick question. If you ever got sick of PCSX2, would you work on CXBX?
I doubt it. As much as i respect what Caustick is doing, i see the project as quite pointless as its just a PC in a box, so it kind of defeats the point in emulation :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
then wouldn't it be eaiser to emulate, i am surprised there isn;t anymore xbox emus being developed but wat i understand about the emulation community now is that most emus r underground now,iknow theresinfact a new dcemu and model 3 emu for private peeps

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Elnightmare said:
hey are these emulater legal?
I've used them but i dont no if there legal are they?
emulators are legal, altho it is a "grey area" there is no strong evidence to suggest they should be illegal

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
sorry i didnt see it.

erm, well there is Still some aspects of emulation involved, as we still have to emulate how the hardware interacts even if it is possible to use HLE, but i cant see it being more than 3-4 times the power at very most with optimised code.

·
Crazy GFX coder
17,133 Posts
Emulate the xbox hardware isn´t a big task but there´s a problem... the "GPU!" as far as i know(Correct me if am wrong) current xbox emus convert the .xbe into .exe to execute the game,app etc. they emulate some part of the xbox but i think they are trying to convert the .xbe to .exe instead of emulating the xbox environment.
of course converting the .xbe will give you some results but that will not work at all. and the reason is because the gpu architecture is diferent.....so it needs to be Emulated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry dude i don't think it can be out soon

To emulate the xbox , we must waiting for microsoft don't say anything about this project ;
Now with the news console of next generations ("xbox 360") you can also play your xbox game to this new console , so I think (only my opinion) wich before you can emulate thats driver or hardware you must wait for exspired her old console (and also this new one because it can emulate the old gamers) , so Only then you can thinking to make the emulator.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Dave...from what i can understand from your poorly written english, you want them to wait till the x360 is out and that the xbox is "dead" before making an emu?

thats just nonsense. i know you just want to look pro-buying consoles and games but honestly its just ridiculous. Especially since Xbox games are on DVDs, its possible for people to buy their games and play them directly with an emulator without going through a ripping process...

and just to add a useless comment, you could be actually doing them a favor since IINM, Microsoft loses money on every console they sell (maybe not any more, im not sure). buying the games is whats really helping the companies.
meh..

·
European Citizen xD
344 Posts
Microsoft might just put an Xbox1 emu in the upcoming Windows Vista,there was a rumour about that some months ago :)
People would play some Xbox hits on their PC and say hey this Xbox thing is cool (although it's not :p) ..how about me go buy Xbox 360 ? Microsoft can only win from this.

But even if that doesnt happen the box is going down..sooner or later.I only wish it was sooner that PS2 and GC because i am dying to play some fighting games on my PC.And i guess there's millions like me.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
flowrent said:
Microsoft might just put an Xbox1 emu in the upcoming Windows Vista,there was a rumour about that some months ago :)
People would play some Xbox hits on their PC and say hey this Xbox thing is cool (although it's not :p) ..how about me go buy Xbox 360 ? Microsoft can only win from this.

But even if that doesnt happen the box is going down..sooner or later.I only wish it was sooner that PS2 and GC because i am dying to play some fighting games on my PC.And i guess there's millions like me.
And how would this work? A standard DVD-ROM can't read original XBOX games.;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts