Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to change the name of my save file in the BATTERY folder for some reason. anyways, since i changed it and tried to load, it doesn't give me an option at the beginning it just automatically starts a new game. Is it possible to recover this data? I have the original file just not file name.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
The save file corresponding to a *filename*.nds ROM has to be *filename*.sav and has to be placed in the Battery folder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok play by play, this is what happened.

Was playing Pokemon Platinum. I talked to Professor Oak to release the legendary birds.

Ran into them, couldn't catch them. Decided to try to hack in some master balls.

Action replay didn't work so I tried this sav file altering pokesav program.

I renamed the original sav file inside the folder BATTERY and started using the program to alter it. Didn't seem to be working but I saved the altered file anyways as a different file. I swapped out my original file for the the hacked one. Hacked one didn't work so I was just like forget it and put the original one back. Now before I can select new game, load game or anything, it just takes me into a new game.

I'm just confused because the sav file is still the same size so I don't understand how the game data could be lost.:(

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
The file size of your save should not matter. You have to make sure you have the correct save type; otherwise, you won't be able to load your game and if you start with the wrong save type, your save might get corrupted and unusable. When you change the save type, you have to save the setting, and restart the emu (close and run the emu again) or reload the game.

As for the pokesav program, changing the file name of your save won't do anything. To use the program, I suggest you take a look at this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.