Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an upgrade for my machine (new motherboard and CPU) and PJ64 has worked on the Quad Core BEFORE I reinstalled Windows XP Home. Sure, it was slow because Windows was corrupted, but it at least ran games. However, since I reinstalled in a week or so ago, I've been having nothing but trouble with PJ64. Whether it's 1.7.0.49 or 1.6, the emulator crashes when trying to load a game. Something to the effect of this:
happens every time! What the bloody h*** is going on!?? :mad: Out of all the programs that run flawlessly (and are mostly coded to run on single core CPUs), PJ64 has to be the one to screw me over; I will not get a new CPU just 'cause one program doesn't work. I've posted this issue on a few other forums and some have suggested I try to turn off DEP in Windows. Did it help? Nope. Not one bit. My question is: how is it possible that PJ64 ran okay before the WinXP reinstall, and then suddenly stop working after the XP reinstall? Either A: they must be prejudiced/discriminated towards users with quad core processors or B: Windows must be more retarded than I thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that, and that's what they told me to do. A lot of good that did. PJ64 1.6 has a similar issue, so maybe someone could help me with a non-beta. Every time I load a ROM, it gets to 100% like it normally should, but then after it loads, I get the classic XP crash error message. Every freakin' time!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Keep to one forum dude, you don't want to let every forum know how much you fail since it works for everyone else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts