Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was just wondering if it were possible to implemet pixel shading in this emu. I'm sure it would rock. I do realize that psx pixels are blocky and square like. I was assuming since other types of emulators could do it, this one can too. I plan on writing a PSX emulator one day, as soon as I'm done with NES and N64 that is, and when i do, I'll defenitly see to it that it happens. And yeah, I am an emu author myself (although most of you woldnt say chip8 counts).

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I am assuming you mean psx pixel shading. If I'm not mistaken dosen't pete's plugin'S do some shading effects? Now that's not exactly pixel shading but I thin kthe reason you can't for psx is because firstly the game needs to support pixel shading. Secondly the psx dosen't have a z-buffer which is why when you set it to really high resolutions the pixels all jitter around like mad. I think it would be really hard / next to impossible to create pixel shaders for the psx.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yep, Pete's OpenGL2 plugin uses Pixel Shaders for some effects, like screen smoothing and such.

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Raziel said:
Yep, Pete's OpenGL2 plugin uses Pixel Shaders for some effects, like screen smoothing and such.
I don't have Pete's OpenGL2 plugin. I have his D3D (DX7), OpenGL1, and software plugin. I always wanted to see pixel shading in Syphon Filter :thumb:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
I don't have Pete's OpenGL2 plugin.
well that doesnt mean you cant just download it oO

by the way your 5200 is far too slow to do shaders...my 5600 can do screen smoothing and a couple others but that's about it. you are gonna need a fast Geforce (like 5900 or 6800) or a Radeon 9500+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts