Next Generation Emulation banner

Pirates of the Carribean 4: On Stranger Tides

3K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  Smooth Criminal 
#1 ·

At the Disney D23 Expo, some new info has been revealed regarding the upcoming fourth installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. The studio recently announced the new film’s subtitle as, On Stranger Tides. Pirates is scheduled for release during the summer of 2011, and will feature the return of Captain Jack as played by Johnny Depp. The new title isn’t as catchy as At World’s End, but it will do.

Production on Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2010 around April or May. At the moment they haven’t confirmed a director for the feature even though earlier reports had Chicago helmer Rob Marshall up for the job. Since Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom won’t be reprising their roles for the fourth film, Disney is considering On Stranger Tides the first installment of a new trilogy.

As a die hard Johnny Depp fan this is great news, but can Jack Sparrow cover another trilogy? Is there enough material for him? He is an entertaining and interesting character, but this sounds a bit like over kill. Here’s to hoping everything works out.

What do you think of Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides? Do you think they should start a new trilogy?
Pirates of the Caribbean 4: On Stranger Tides

A bit late i know. It was announced 2 days ago. So what do you guys think? I liked the first one. The second one was ok. And the third one was just boring. I couldnt finish it in one sitting. I think it took me about a month to watch it all.

See less See more
#4 ·
2 seemed about 30 minutes too long to me, and 3 definitely wasn't as good as the first one, but they were ok overall, still I can't imagine 3 more movies.

#8 ·
Johnny Depp is awesome as Jack Sparrow. In all three films.

But it gets bad when the only truly good thing in the second and third movie is that one actor. No, they weren't bad movies. But they weren't particularly good either (aside from Depp's performance).

#12 ·
Jack Sparrow was an awesome character in the first movie. Where the character had the proper balance of sillyness and awesomeness. Disney went waaaaaay overboard on the sillyness in the sequels.
"Why is the rum all gone?" :evil:

#15 ·
Johnny Depp is awesome as Jack Sparrow. In all three films.

But it gets bad when the only truly good thing in the second and third movie is that one actor. No, they weren't bad movies. But they weren't particularly good either (aside from Depp's performance).
I think you can say the same thing for a lot of movies with Johnny Depp.
The best part about movies with Johnny Depp, is Johnny Depp.
Like Charlie and and the Chocolate factory, that movie probably would have sucked w/o Johnny Depp.

Anyways, as for Pirates of the Caribbean; I've only seen the first one, so I don't know how bad/good the sequels were.

#20 ·
wait......be a Caribbean men so be a Sea dog!!!! aye!
fixed

nless this solves th' entire mistory o' who would win in a swashbuckle between ninjas an' swashbucklers, im nay watchin' 't.

#21 · (Edited)
why am I the only one that liked the third movie ???
cmon guys , the first was ordinary and it got better .
No, the first was fantastic, then it got ridiculous.

"Why is the rum all gone?" :evil:
When I went to Mexico I stood in the Caribbean and said, "why is the rum gone?"

#22 ·
First movie: nice
Second movie: redundant
Third movie: awful

This is how i think its gonna be.

Fourth movie: p.o.s
Fifth movie: abomination
Sixth movie: no one knows what its about. After all, no one likes to get anywhere near movies that redefine 'horrible'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.