Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I promised you guys to tell you about the holiday and everything. I'm just kind of lazy and certain things I will only do after I have found a real reason to do so.... I had some kind of impulse last week when thinking about my life while doing some mindless work.
Hmmm, now where to start :p

Back to summer 2004: After being through a breakup with my GF back then I went on holiday with my parents and my brother. I enjoyed it at certain rare moments, but most of the time was hell… someone was missing :( Those of you knowing the story can imagine it caused a lot of friction whenever my parents were talking about the fact that they are missing that certain person as well. There were some moments when I just felt like breaking down…. And it happened a couple of times.

Back home I went to her place and we talked about our holidays and I explained mine was the worst one since the one before :rolleyes: At that moment her mom (who’s more like a mom than my own one will ever be) suggested something: Why not go visit Mike? (R2RX), Kenya’s a beautiful country, I can show you the photos of the trip I made a couple of years ago!

Back then the whole idea felt a bit strange. I never went on holiday all by myself at all. Never have I been in an airplane :p But on the other hand it did sound like a very nice idea. Of course at first I needed to talk about it with the person I would be going to visit.

In the meantime my ex and I got into some nice problems as well… She let me down a lot of times… I decided she was worth my effort despite the fact we both wanted it to work as a normal friendship, at least those were her words. So in January I cut contact after a long time of endless frustration. (DW, what you said in Miretank’s thread surely helps, more on that later ;)
However I did stay in contact with her mother, we were both discussing things about the holiday, and of course more about her daughter as well… She has never been able to let me as ‘the perfect one’ :heh: Later on I also made a promise to show the pictures at their place whenever I would be back.

Meanwhile I was looking forward to everything more and more, just like the family in Kenya. To me it really felt like finally being able to be gone from my parents, to prove that I’m able to break free. I told them back in the beginning of this year I think, while they were discussing their own holiday plans and asking me about mine :evil: That’s when I told them in a way too chilled way about going to Kenya. The first thing they asked was about how I was going to get the money. I was laughing my butt of silently just because I KNEW I was going to get that question from my dad, as I would know they wouldn’t want to see me go there :lol: Of course I had prepared for it so I could respond just by saying there are no worries about that and that I was taking care of everything with eliana’s mom. I was really determined not to let THIS trip slip away. Especially since I knew there was another person at the other side of the world really looking forward to it, just like me.

Initially I was planning to go somewhere in the second week of June, so that I would be back on time to go on holiday with my parents as well, so that it wouldn’t be so boring for my brother. He’s the only reason I’d love to go, even during that crappy holiday we still had fun owning my father at playing cards, and playing WWF Attitude and Soul Calibur for the DC together. (Yeah I took it with me just in case :innocent: My parents loved to play Bust-a-Move 4 and Dynablaster/Bomberman 2 for NES as well)
Alright back on topic now ^^

I was planning to go in June but I found out I might need to give some of my exams a second try to get my diploma, so I was trying to June 30. It turned out I had to go the day before I would be get my diploma officially. Later I heard the teachers were calling for me to come on stage and my best friend went to front to whisper one of them that I was in Kenya…. :p

When I finally wanted to book everything officially it turned out I had some unexpected costs… I had to buy a suit for the prom oO While my mother told me earlier that they would pay it, now it turned out I had to pay it myself. I felt like **** by being stabbed in the back by them for the second time in my life when I was about to a trip very important to me… Again I felt the dream slipping out of my hands….. :cry:

Luckily my mom jumped in and did helped me out to a certain extend, my father however didn’t care, not that I had expected him to :rolleyes: Later Eliana’s mom offered to help me by lending me money, but that was something I refused. I really appreciated her offer but this is something I had to do on my own. Of course this resulted in having to work my arse off until the day before I left :p And because of a raise of salary (I had my birthday in May) and the fact I still had some money left from my b’day made me feel safe about the trip again….

Until I found out I was kinda late with booking my flights so that I might have to go in July…. Luckily again we found a solution for the 28th, so that was going to be THE day :D
This would give me exactly enough time to make the money required :laugh:

A few hints for all you guys reading this:
- Don’t wait too long with booking your flights
- Don’t go to 5 concerts in 4 weeks before you are planning to go on an expensive trip
- Get a girlfriend nearby and not €40,- away :p

Ahhhh yes…. Finally :D

The week before I left I still had some phone calls to make as a way to say goodbye. I also called Eli’s mom and after having a small conversation I asked her to give the phone to Eliana. I could hear her face resembled this smiley oO Don’t worry you guys, I was doing it with a purpose. When working I always turn off my normal brain functions and go on autopilot, and usually I’m just thinking about everything in my life. Asking myself questions about if I’m happy, what’s missing…. I had so much hate cropped up inside, I forced myself to hate that one person, and I had very good reasons to do so. How could I still be kind to the person who’s hurt me so many times? Yeah I know she wanted me back badly, her new relationship was on the edge of breaking just because I wasn’t in her life anymore… She found out she couldn’t live without me, yet I kept her at a distance. I’ve had to explain it to her mom that Eliana just isn’t worth my time, and I said it in the most cynical way I could. The worst thing was that she knew I was right and that my reasons were good enough to keep her out of my life. Yet at the same time she knew that on the inside I didn’t feel okay… I’m not the person who wants to hate someone. After thinking a lot about all these feelings, about my reasons, about what I really want, I decided to talk ask for her on the phone.

It was a very strange experience… especially after what happened back in March. I was going out at a club with my best friend, and suddenly she was standing in front of me. Saying she wanted to talk to me. I ignored her, but I knew that she would talk anyway.. When she wanted to put her hand on my shoulder I threw it away, told her to **** off and I walked away… Of course my whole night was messed up if it weren’t for another girl being there: The closest friend of her new bf who has been one of my best friends ever since last December. Giving her a good hug when I went home with eliana standing next to her sure didn’t do her well xD

During that conversation on the phone we talked about that event, I told her she should not blame me for what happened but that she should blame herself, however everything we said was done in a very mature way, no fight whatsoever. She was still in shock because she could actually hear my voice in the first place :heh: It all left a good feeling, and that’s exactly how I wanted to go on holiday: In good terms with the people back in Holland. And I really did not want to leave in bad terms with Eliana, cause I wanted to be free from home, not constantly having to think about the same problems. Of course this didn’t mean all was going fine now, all I did was grant her the pleasure of being able to hear my voice and say goodbye to me. What seemed to me as a good way to start off after burying the weapons. Especially since that new girl (patricia) was causing a lot of tension between eliana, her mom and myself. Being in a triangle can be bad, imagine being in some trouble with 5 ppl including your ex-mother-in-law :rolleyes:

[to be continued]

Alright, so far for the first part of the story, I will post more of it later, but now there’s someone coming over to my place so I have to stop writing. I hope you enjoyed it. I’ll be back with more about whatever has kept me busy during the time the love thread was gone :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She'll be going to Egypt this winter, so maybe..... :evil:

j/k I shouldn't use my influence too much for my own benefit :p

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Believe me if you come here, I won't allow you to leave me ;) . But well since u told me it'sher mother and father alone on MSN, then I'll go myself to holland ^_^ . If I have enough money, I'll be going in a world trip to visit NGEmu members. I'll start with holland and visit the crazy foursome of NGEmu (Samor, Cid, T.O.F.K.A.Z and eface).

Poland (KanedA), France(Killjoy), Germany(Tori and maybe if I'm so so lucky Bobbi) and England(Kane) will be my stops. Then I go to the new world, and meet the canadian gang, and see if canadian ppl are really nuts as in US cartoons :p (Elly, I'm joking you know, don't push that button plz ^^" ) . Then I visit US itself, and pay Kirby n' DW a respectfull visit to find that
Oh no, they are on a relationship Oo.
That means a friendship one ;) . Anyway, since I'm still having alot of money, I can pay a fast visit to Asia and wonder if Player-X or Kellicros thought they were safe from me :evil: .

Then I ...
Mother : cloudvii, wake up fool. You won't reach your today lectures in time if you don't wake up now.
cloudvii : hrr Zzz , kkhh wha?

Ok guys, I was just dreaming, but imagine if it was true :p . If I have all that money, I wouldn't spend it on visiting you anyway :evil: . J/k , It'll be a pleasure ;) .

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, that sounds like a good idea

/puts beer in the fridge

You're welcome :D

And yes it would be very cool being able to meet more of the guys over here. Who knows what the future will bring? :)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
yeah, its very admirable your efforts to meet a distant friend :) I also agree if I had bunchs of money, I would surely set sail (or fly) around the world and stop by everyone's home :D it must be very cool to meet someone that you are friend but you never been able to face him.... btw this reminds me a lot of friends I have around my country, that I've known by a chat program.... before I get a life, when I had a virtual gf (ok i let you laugh), I wanted to cross this whole country to meet everyone... but my $ituation isn't the best actually :p

(DW, what you said in Miretank’s thread surely helps, more on that later
DW needs to win a trophy of best counselor for friends :) not only him, but everyone who is helping me on my quest.....

[offtopic]btw Cid, your sig is very cool ;) mine's could be shamandalie...
" you saw us always clearer than me
how we were never meant to be
Love denied meant the friendship would die,
[...]
"Friendship got broken
there's no other for me
Like the one of my childhood day...
Can you forgive me?
Love got better off me
On that day back in old times"

:) :alittlesad:

[/offtopic]

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Hmm, that sounds like a good idea

/puts beer in the fridge

You're welcome :D

And yes it would be very cool being able to meet more of the guys over here. Who knows what the future will bring? :)
I'm on it :D

maybe since bobbi is our admin, we should meet at his place? ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Miretank said:
yeah, its very admirable your efforts to meet a distant friend :) I also agree if I had bunchs of money, I would surely set sail (or fly) around the world and stop by everyone's home :D it must be very cool to meet someone that you are friend but you never been able to face him.... btw this reminds me a lot of friends I have around my country, that I've known by a chat program.... before I get a life, when I had a virtual gf (ok i let you laugh), I wanted to cross this whole country to meet everyone... but my $ituation isn't the best actually :p

DW needs to win a trophy of best counselor for friends :) not only him, but everyone who is helping me on my quest.....

[offtopic]btw Cid, your sig is very cool ;) mine's could be shamandalie...
" you saw us always clearer than me
how we were never meant to be
Love denied meant the friendship would die,
[...]
"Friendship got broken
there's no other for me
Like the one of my childhood day...
Can you forgive me?
Love got better off me
On that day back in old times"

:) :alittlesad:

[/offtopic]
Yeah DW sure can be a great source for advice, keep in mind he's had a little more experience than us younsters :p

And let's hope they are going to play that song tonight :D Hopefully I will meet Carnage at the concert (there's a small chance actually)
The parts of the songs I have in my sig actually reflect some events of the past week... Also more on that later on in this thread. Seriously, some of their songs can be a bit depressing, especially when you look at the lyrics, but at the same time they're just so awesome to listen at. And the weird thing is that a lot of their songs resemble pieces of my life. I think that's the reason why I like them so much :)

·
The ChinaDude!!!
3,930 Posts
don't forget me :p

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How can we forget you when our minds are still corrupted? ;)

·
The ChinaDude!!!
3,930 Posts
trying really really hard. :evil:

only to find out i posted another corrupting picture :evil:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright, next part ;)

In that conversation with eliana I explained we soon started to talk about the more regular things, and also about the holiday, so in the end it left a good feeling for both of us :) However I did make it very clear that I would be the one looking for contact. Because I knew that she'd be pushing me too much if I'd allow her to contact me again. And also I didn't feel like adding her back to msn again.

Finally!!

The big day finally arrived. After I had packed my bags triple checking if I didn't forget anything, because I always forget something. (like a toothbrush when going on a 3-day safari :rolleyes: ) And finally my parents were driving me to the airport... I was living in my own world for that moment.

In my mind I usually have all kinds of scenarios about how things might happen. It wasn't any different this time... What would I say when my parents would start crying? Would I keep my mouth shut? Would I tell them they should not, for they did not even deserve to do so... Still so much hatred cropped up inside from two years ago. Some ppl even asked me if going to Kenya wasn't a way for me to take 'revenge' on my parents for what they've done to me 2 years ago oO Of course I can be a cynical batard but I would never resort to something like that.
What you have done to me has made me bitter and cruel
I´ll see that all the hate you spread returns to you, you, back to you…

Sonata Arctica - The Cage
I won't have revenge... Because I know every mistake you make will turn against you if you are not willing to accept it and turn it into a positive lesson. No need for me to put any extra effort in it. Maybe one day, they will realise what happened. But in my head I already saw the scenario of me telling them the truth they never wanted to hear... Such thoughts aren't good for your mood I can tell you :p

I want out--to live my life alone
I want out--leave me be
I want out--to do things on my own
I want out--to live my life and to be free

Helloween - I want out
The only thing I now wanted was to get on that airplane and go away. I didn't feel comfortable with my parents anymore. Finally we reached the gate, the point of no return :evil:
Of course this was the dramatical point I really did not want to experience... Bah... also way too many memories as I've been there one time before: Two years ago... Seeing the one I loved leave on what might be the most important trip of her life. Nice to have such memories when you have some crying parents standing next to you :rolleyes: Luckily I was able to control myself by not saying anything sarcastic at the moment supreme :p Hell even my dad showed a new emotion, I think it was fear... The only one I ever saw was anger, and maybe once some sadness at a funeral, but that's as far as it would go. After the drama I went on to the passport check, giving one more look around... seeing my parents there, and seeing myself standing next to them, as I stood there 2 years ago. Yet this time I was not the one left behind, finally.

I still remember how I felt when I was walking over there: Free at last!! :D

Dancing on the path and singing, now you got away
You can reach the goals that you have set from now on, every day
There is no way you would go back now, oh no, those days are past
Life is waiting for the one who loves to live, and it is not a secret…

Sonata Arctica - Victoria's Secret
It was nice to do some shopping on my own out there, though the only place I actually bought something was the liquor store because I needed to get some Pisang Ambon for Mike's mom, and at a game shop I bought Splinter Cell: CT for the guys :p

I was glad that I had a discman with me, and even more because it had MP3 support :guitar: I didn't know waiting could take that long. Couldn't we just get in the darn plane and get it over with? xD

Meanwhile I saw all kinds of ppl that were going on the same plane as me, which is pretty interesting. No real hotties, or they were with their BF, or worse... parents -_-

After I've been waiting for half an hour or something we were finally allowed to get on the plane. Pretty exciting when all you've done before was a bus trip to italy and getting the Stena HSS to London. Of course it felt good, I'm not the kind of person to get scared because the plane might crash, unlike my parents, who at the same time were thinking about me crashing in the middle of the jungle, being knocked in the bottom by a rhino, cooked by cannibals, escaping, going back to the netherlands, getting caught with drugs that were put in my case by smugglers, crashing again next to their own car.
k enough about that, back on topic now :p

I went into the plane, trying to find my seat which was a bit in the back. (just check the pictures I will post later) I got myself a window seat when I checked in, so two ppl had to get off of their butt for me: One Kenyan guy with a broken leg, and a two ton typical hillbilly senior american :D They should consider themselves lucky with me because I'm not the kind of person that would need to go to the toilet every hour ;)
After having to wait for awhile, reading the safety guides out of boredom, finally we started to move. Meanwhile I was thinking of my parents standing there, waiting for me to get in the air, not even knowing in what plane I was. It really felt good being on my own mission :)
Then suddenly the plane started to gain speed, WTF, that was a nice rollercoaster ride if you'd ask me. Someone should've taken a picture of my face at the moment we were going airborne lol.

-------------------------------------
I'm sorry guys, I would like to continue this now, but unfortunately (for you) I have to a friend of mine, so I'll continue later.

Cheers,
Cid.

ps. If you'd like to see a nice way about how to deal with being afraid to fly, check this: http://blog.efx2.com/user/Cid Highwind/2336/view/6073/

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Of course I'll continue, but I don't have all day to type stories you know :p

I think next part might even be posted friday because I might be busy with school the next three days... Yesterday I had a girl at my place ;) And today I've been working my butt off to make money...

Don't worry, I will finish what I've started, but whenever I am going to write a part I need to have enough time to do a large part, not just two paragraphs.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
I think next part might even be posted friday because I might be busy with school the next three days... Yesterday I had a girl at my place And today I've been working my butt off to make money...
yeah you must be very occupied with that girl though ;)

Don't worry, I will finish what I've started, but whenever I am going to write a part I need to have enough time to do a large part, not just two paragraphs.
do the noble thing, you have to finish what you have started, no matter what.- now sit, watch and learn ;)

btw nice quotes out there :)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Miretank said:
yeah you must be very occupied with that girl though ;)

do the noble thing, you have to finish what you have started, no matter what.- now sit, watch and learn ;)

btw nice quotes out there :)
Shhhhh.... don't say a word ;)

(quoted from their concert last friday :D )

Thanx btw, it's some kind of habit of mine that whenever something happens, there might a some lyrics popping up in my mind.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words...
Yeah..if your in the Cali area you are welcome at our cave. Ole Kirby missed the chance a few months ago...haha...we think he was afraid..lol

·
The ChinaDude!!!
3,930 Posts
i think before i would get into the USA i'd be seen as a terrorist and be killed in flight... ^_^;

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Next part

The flight itself was quite an experience to me. There weren't many clouds so we were able to see everything, the Swiss Alps, the coast of Italy, the Sahara desert. It's really funny when you see the desert with numerous black spots, only to find out those are actually small shadows caused by the clouds you can also see from above. Another strange thing was the fact it turned dark suddenly oO It was like if they just switched off the light, and in Kenya the nights are like that as well.

So in the evening I landed at the airport. First thing to do was sms'ing my parents to let them know I've landed safely. I was so excited, it really bothered me that I had to wait in the plane for a small while before I was able to leave it. And then I still needed to do all the official stuff at the airport AND wait for my stuff. Of course I was the one that had to wait for the longest period -_-.

As soon as I got the stuff I was set to go, to go and meet R2RX :D Seriously, I felt like Ryo from Shenmue 2, walking around in a strange country, with my bags ready to explore the unknown.

Luckily I've seen the guys on webcam just a few days before I left Holland, so I knew who to look for. Besided, at the airport all I could see where black ppl, so it was quite easy to spot Mike and the others, especially when he's got long hair :D

The following stuff will be quoted from this page of my blog.
It was a very special moment, meeting someone you’ve known for almost 3 years, while you’ve never met him in person. After a quick hello we went to the car where Mike’s father was waiting for us, he is such a nice person. First thing I noticed where the palm trees: I’ve never been to a place where they grow naturally out on the streets. It was dark already so I didn’t have the chance to get a good look at it, but it does give you the feeling you’re at a special place. Second thing I noticed while driving: The best roads, are at the level of the Belgian roads :rolleyes:
At home, I noticed they live at quite a nice place, when I installed the software for my camera I will upload some pictures of the house, for now you’ll have to do with a picture of Mikey and I. They live at quite a nice place, it’s a free house, with a gate, it’s a place you can feel safe. The gate was opened by a very kind Kenyan ‘houseguard’ called Patrick, which is something I had never expected. Inside I was welcomed very warmly by Orna, mother of the family, and one of the best cooks I ever met Big grin She was working in the kitchen with 2 other people because she runs something like a small catering business. At first I still needed to get used to talking in English, because my mind was still thinking in Dutch, it was quite hard to have good conversations, but it helped a lot that the family is very open and very kind. Tony and Sean are Michael’s brothers, Sean is the oldest one, and Tony is the younger one.
I was really surprised to see the gate being opened by someone, you won't see something like that here in Holland, and I didn't expected this from Mike's family as well. The other day I also met Janet, who mainly did the household stuff. Lawrence (sp?), who we could find in the kitchen most of the time, and another guy who's name I really do now know how to write, he was working in the garden. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of Lawrence, I do have one movie though :evil: It's a good thing he didn't find out I was making a videoclip of him, because he does not want to be photographed. And with the garden guy it was very hard to communicate, he only speaks Swahili, not my best language :p

I will include some pictures just to get an idea of the place. Some are better quality than others, you will notice the difference between my digital camera and my cellphone :p

Yesterday Michael showed me around a bit in the neighborhood, it seems like quite a nice place, a safe on as well. There’s a small river flowing near, it’s too bad about the pollution, but it’s a nice place to sit down. The reason for the lack of posting on my blog is because we’ve been very busy helping Mike’s mom out with her business, it’s kinda like a family thing when she’s got a big order, like the one she had today. I prefer to help out the family instead of sitting on my but typing messages :p The time we didn’t spend in the kitchen we either spend outside chilling, or I was kicking Tony and Michael’s butt in Soul Calibur 2 (a fighting videogame). At the end of the day I was too tired to type any message.
Oh yeah, I remember the walk near the river, we were supposed to do that more often to chill out, except we only did it once :p It really is a shame to see a lot of pollution in places that could look so nice.
Helping out Orna was nice to do as well. Even though I hadn't planned those things, I didn't mind doing them. I don't like to sit on my butt whole day when I know my help will be appreciated. I'm a guest, but not a royal one, so to me it wasn't anything else then normal to help out :)

Soul Calibur 2.....

The ultimate fighting game, and they felt it :evil:

I hadn't touched Soul Calibur on DC for more than a year, and I had only touched a gamecube controller once in my life. Still Cidsurugi was owning everyone in any possible way. Damn this game is so good on the Cube, I like it even more than the original version for DC. Mitsurugi's moves are even better ;) We played this game for countles hours. It was really nice to see how all the other guys (Mike, Tony, Luke, David, Baret (sp?), Amit (sp?)) were getting better all the time, forcing me to improve my strategy and skills. Going against AI at highest level can be pretty fun as well, having to do 10 guard impacts in a row before being able to get one hit.

The next couple of days will be to take a look around in Nairobi, and we will have all the time of the world, so that’s when I can tell you guys more about what it’s really like here in Kenya. So far my impression here is that the people are very friendly and much more open to strangers than in Holland. I’ve already met so many great guys, among them Dave and Luke, two friends of the family of my own age. They can be a bit crazy at time, but they fit perfectly in the Klotsman trio :p
The first day I was here I still needed to get used to everything, but from today I really feel at home here. It’s even hard to think type messages in Dutch, like the sms’ I send home. English is starting to feel like my primary language and everything I have to do in Dutch I need to translate from English. Also I’m getting into the humor and sarcasm of the guys, and they dig mine, we can get along perfectly, it’s like I’ve been part of the family from the day that I was born! :D
Hmm, the sense of humor, this really was something that would have to connect, otherwise we’d have a problem :p
It seemed sarcasm was common language at times, and Mike turned out to be the biggest prankster. I’m still having nightmares and whenever I wake up I still see his middle finger in front of me :lol: He used to call me over, and when I looked, all he had to show was the finger -_- There were days I really got tired of it, there were also days I returned the favor. Of course some very dry dutch sarcasm had the guys cracking up as well. In short we can say that we all have a very strange and different sense of humor, but it connected very well.

I’ll wait for mike to comment on all this as well, I really want to read his reflection on last summer. :)

Of course you’re all very curious about what the country really is like. Of course it ain’t all mudhuts however most ppl think that way, unfortunately :( In one of the first weeks, I went into town with the guys, Tony and Mike, to do some stuff for Sean. As soon as we stepped out of the car there was a guy offering to guard it while it was parked. Here in Holland the first person you would see is a cop fining ppl for not having paid for parking :rolleyes:
While walking to the store we needed to visit I didn’t feel comfortable at all. After only a few seconds there were children around us begging for money, while I didn’t even have Shillings on me, only Euros… But something like that does get to you :(
Another thing I noticed were the cars, it’s almost as if every car that would not be allowed to drive back at home is being send here… 50% of the cars and 90% of the trucks produce thick black smoke. There even was a moment I could hardly breathe because of all the exhaust gasses! oO And of course there’s always the shops trying to get your attention by playing music, loud music, loud rap music. If there’s two things I can’t stand it’s a stereo that’s playing with crackling speakers, and bad local rap music.

In the shop I was surprised to see all the stuff they were selling, I still recall seeing a tv of which I wondered if it could display color. But next to it were fairly decent computer parts.

On the way back to the car we encountered more kids. One of them begging me for money for food while he was holding a jar of glue :rolleyes: I don’t think he could be more than 12 years old. It’s really sad to see things like this. But I guess this is the truth about this world we live in. It’s just such in contrast with what I’m used from seeing in ‘large cities’ back in Holland. Also I really didn’t feel safe walking around in a bright red longsleeve shirt combined with slick Puma sneakers, while everyone is wearing dark tinted clothes. So all you tourists here, I hope you learn from this :p

-----------------------------------
Well so far for this part, I'm writing the next part as you are reading this, but for the sake of order, I'm trying not to make every post a 6 page one :)

About the pictures:
- one to give you an idea of the view, for those who've never flown b4
- The guy in the garden at work
- some pictures of Mike, Luke (blonde guy) and myself while we were at work at the french school helping out with the cooking :)
- An Ibis which are walking around outside my window, making funny sounds :p
- Teh adorable puppy, named Puppy, LOVE HIM, or he will eat your socks :heh:
- And of course the BEST family you could ever wish for. From left to right: Orna, Tony (who had his birthday), Mike, Eddy, and Sean in the back.
- And what would a B'day be without a BBQ? And a BBQ without beer? :beer: Tusker is the good stuff ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Ah yes, looking back on some of the best times there.

We went out a couple of times. I didn't expect much of the clubs and their music, and especially since Mike and Tony had such high expectations of Dutch clubs, so theirs could only suck when compared to what I'm used to. The place where they usually go, Pavement, turned out to be more fun than I expected. Of course it was different from what I'm used to, especially the music. I'm used to real heavy hardhouse, but there most of it was just dance and trance, even though it was better than the commercial crap I hear on dutch radio :) The best thing about the clubs are the prices of the booze :D A shot of vodka costs more than a euro, as opposed to 3 euros in clubs in Holland. This makes a bottle of Smirnoff Ice + extra shot of Vodka really cheap. I wouldn't even order it back home because the Smirnoff Ice would cost 5 euros on its own :???:

Another interesting thing are the girls out there :lol:
When I through the club and I was about to order a drink, I noticed a group of three girls standing at the bar, one of them looking better than average, the others looking just slutty and horny. So one of the lesser two started to talk to me, and used about the most horrible pickup line you could imagine... at least it didn't impress me xD
I like your shoes, while looking at me with the eyes of someone who needs her 'shot' badly :rolleyes: She also told me her better looking friend liked me.... Meanwhile Tony was trying to get me out of there by telling me I'd better get away from them, they're dirty anyway :p
Obviously I didn't feel like having to do anything with these girls at all... (I'm not that desperate)
Later that night, on the dancefloor, another girl came up to me, while I was kinda spacing out dancing on some serious good trance, after having had quite a few shots of vodka and other booze :beer: Of course I started to dance with her, why not have some fun right? She started getting a bit closer every second trying to kiss me. That's when I thought it might be wiser to make a quick escape, both being kinda tipsy :heh:

An hour later about the same happened with another girl. Tony and Mike sure had a good time watching me lol :lol:

The other time we went to that same place again I had a girl hanging around my neck. Normally when I like a girl, I will offer her a drink. This one however asked if I wanted to buy her a drink. Of course I wanted to get rid of this one, especially since we needed to go home. Ever tried to walk with a 50kg bag of sand tied to your arm? Well that's how it felt trying to get away. In the end she even asked me for 200 so she could buy herself a drink oO I think her pimp just dumped her :p

Pictures I attached here are of friends, so the girls aren't the ones I danced with ;)
Pictures:
- Tusker: Kenya's best :beer:
- Mike and David
- Me and Avni (tipsy? :innocent: )
- Guga and I
- Group picture :D
- Vodka, we need some vodka, a shot of vodka.... (gotta love the Hava Naguila melody :guitar: )
- The day after: Coffee, and a red spot on Tony's head oO
- The best picture of mike and myself. :)
Next part: Giraffe Center trip, and Safari, stay tuned

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.