Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no, i'm not talking about Adobe Photoshop or any of the picture editing software. but can someone provide me info about softwares that enables you to resize an image and then sharpen the image automatically? Kinda like in the movies where some cops zooms in a picture and then that picture can be be displayed without getting all blurry and stuff.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
LOL, that's not really possible in the same way. There's a limit to the detail that is avaliable. You can't add more detail than there originaly is.
The closest we had was MS Photodraw, where whenever you zoomed in, it redrew the image progressively.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
:lol: Photozoom is great!! It can recover details that were never there! (or maybe I misunderstood what they mean in the example gallery)

·
The seeker of perfection
3,628 Posts
And is there a program that can use transparencies and masks other than photoshop? (turn some picture or color in a transparency?) Freeware? I'm using acdsee right now but it doesn't seem to do it :cry:

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool! i'll give it a try. by the way, which one should i choose? the photozoom? or the photozoom pro?

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Try neither... their example gallery is misleading and photoshop does a better job zooming pictures.
I tried the Pro version by the way.
EDIT: it's the regular version... not pro, although I clicked on the Pro link (I think) oO

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm? why is that? i've tried photoshop but the zoomed pictures just get more and more blurry. how did you get a better zoomed picture with photoshop anyway? a few tips maybe?

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
It is supposed to get blurry since you are spread the same amount of data over a larger area.
Tried the two programs again... photozoom actually does make a sharper picture than photoshop oO Too bad the free version makes crazy watermarks all over the picture :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts