Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya,

I'm always wondering why you always hear about one or two other DS emus but not about Desmume, cuz for me it's the best DS emu overall :) Alright, enough ass-crawling ;)

Does any of the devs happen to have Picross 3D (the most fun puzzle game since Tetris if you ask me!)? Because that's one game which looks better on No$GBA, there are some issues with the textures in Desmume; on recent revs even more than, I dunno, maybe two weeks ago. Could you look into this?
Thx :)

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
I just fixed a bug in picross3d in r3702. "some" issue"s" with "textures" is an exaggeration. The only thing I noticed wrong was some flat shaded things that were white instead of whatever color they were supposed to be. It was a regression anyway, so maybe that's what you were seeing.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, good timing :)
Yeah, you did fix it to the state it was before, but it's still not perfect; I'm seeing two issues: 1. The numbers are trembling. 2. the blocks have no "border"...two blocks next to each other look like they share one texture.
I mean the white lines you can see here:
http://gamgea.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/picross.jpg

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
yeah the borders i imagine is due to desmume having no wireframe rendering support. ill check it out when i get around to adding that.

the trembling numbers--does it happen in other emus? it looked like inter-frame blending antialiasing to me so I didnt investigate it carefully.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
No$GBA renders this game perfectly.
Cool, I'll be waiting ^^

No$GBA renders this game perfectly.
Cool, I'll be waiting ^^

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
it trembles in nocash also i just checked.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:-/ Hm, sorry, but it doesn't for me. There's only, like, a little itch after 10 seconds or so, but not this constant trembling.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
It does it inconsistently in nocash as a sort of emergent effect from its framerate limiter. As it interacts with the framerate of your monitor, you sometimes miss every other jitter and don't see it quivering. Desmume's limiter is a little different, and you always see it shaking. It may have to do with the emulator's screen presentation method as well.

What's more, I see how it achieves the quiver. It is constantly changing the texture transform matrix between two values, on every other frame. Now I'm 100% sure I'm right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, that's too high for me ;) ^^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts