Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is wrong section or even forum

i want to buy a Philips DVP5992 1080P Upconvert DVD Player from costco but i only want to do it if it can stream videos (tv shows) quickly from my western digital 320 gig external harddrive. can somebody please quickly confirm this for me because i have like 2 hours to jump on this deal. also can somebody list the formats it would have to be in. thanks.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
9,320 Posts
your tv already has an upconverting scaler. Probably a half decent one if you paid over a grand for it recently and its one of the major brands.

You don't always get improved image quality with upconverting players. Sometimes you do, but only if the scaler on the dvd player is superior to the one already in the tv. Also the 2 scalers can also conflict with one another.

can somebody please quickly confirm this for me because i have like 2 hours to jump on this deal. also can somebody list the formats it would have to be in. thanks.
OH I guess we are too late. :heh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i missed it. does anyone know where i can find a dvd player with USB support that is STILL AVAILABLE INSTORES. PLEASE HElp me. dont say philips cause some guy told me they discontinued there only model please help

·
Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts

Online prices usually reflect in store prices...

It seriously can't be that hard to do some searching yourself :lol:

Just go to Bestbuys online site and browse, then phone the closest one to you and see if they have any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.