Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
so i herd you like emu's?
731 Posts
no$gba crash after creating your ideal main character, even I put Piracy Check Bypass Cheat. Here is post I made.
on schtserv a friend posted this ;)

Ma'aya said:
Oh yah, anyone got an acc on Emuforums.com? They refuse free mail adresses, so I can't correct that guy here:
http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba-discussion/116303-phantasy-star-zero.html
...it DOES work, it just doesn't save. no$gba just needs a auto-detect for DS savefiles...
and i agree, no$gba can, play fine except it doesn't save anything

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes.can play when u set "Flash 256kb, Flash 512kb" but can't save.also Save/load snapshot is no effect too. but if u use 64kb(seem is use this),when u get in event, u will crash.

also code and patch(from china game web)is no effect. still crash:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah. Those settings work. However, one strange thing happens in no$gba when using the Flash or General options. The video slows down considerably. And I'm not talking about a problem related to me not having enough computing power. The engine itself seems to run the entire video engine slow while the sound is fine at full speed. Looking at the task manager, I can see that the CPU has most of its resources still free and plenty of memory. The only change between a full-speed running game, and the emulator that seems to purposely slow the video down (for some strange reason when using Flash/General memory options) is the NDS Save Ram selection. There is one workaround, but it leaves the sound running in hyper mode. If you do the 100% unlimited CPU option, the game will revert back to full speed motion and video, but the sound will play way too fast and sound messy so you probably want to turn it off.

Turning it back to Eeprom puts the video back to full speed and with proper sound (and it's the one type of ram that allows saves), but of course the game will then crash at that event spot. So unless someone knows what other settings you need, it seems like you either get a game that crashes, a game that runs slow, or one with hyper speed sound that you might as well turn off. The third option is the closest to playable you get, it seems.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
quite frankly why bother when it seems that it wont work fully until the emulator is updated, also why bother when you zero issues when playing it on a real ds

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Why ever bother with emulation when you need to have both the real console and the real cartridge? Rethoric question, really. Also one that for the sake of forum peace we don't normally ask. It's just a be-all-end-all question that can stop any discussion in its threads.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
no what i am saying why discuss on getting a game to work on an emulator when it is crystal clear it wont ever work unless the emulator gets updated, it is not as if there is miracle fix for it.

it is the same for final fantasy 4, even someone tries to make hacks for the emu, the game still has bugs and all this ends up doing is making the emu author not release updates because there are peoplae hacking his work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Permanent problems: 2.6a
1. Sounds go crazy fast.
2. Saving the game is still a problem.
3. Still no word from the no$gba team for the new emulator?

Take note of the follwing notes to run PSZ:

1. Tuning the speed of the emulation setup of no$gba 2.6a will make the Sounds go fast as well. So I recommend you to select "NONE" on the Sound Out-put options. You can see that on the screenshot of the Actual setup page of no$gba 2.6a below.

The game was tested on this specifications:
1.6Ghz AMD Sempron 64 Socket 754
512MB 333Hz Clocked DDR Memory
WindowsXP Professional SP2
64MB Geforce4TI 64bit DDR TV-Out

You need to have the following:
1. PHANTASY STAR ZERO ROM (Dump your original copy of the game to your computer). To dump your own games, please Click Here to know how.

2. A copy of 2.6a version of the no$gba GBA/DS Emulator. To obtain the current version, donate on the creator's site. Must have an active Paypal account to donate to them.

How to run the game:

RUNNING THE GAME ON DEFAULT SETTINGS WITH ERRORS: Click on the Image to enlarge

Normally when you start the emulator with the other games, you just try to adjust the key configuration for your comfort so you could play any games normally you usually do, but this doesn't apply on the PSZero. You'll encounter a Fatal error message with tons of hexadecimal numbers showing up after you've past the character creation area up to some intro-movies and sorts.

Here's the thing you need to do in order to play the game:
1. Start the no$gba 2.6a and load up the copy of your PSZero Rom.

2. Click on the Options Menu and click on the Emulation Setup (Or simply press the F11 key)

3. On the emulation tab, look for the option labeled as "NDS-Cartridge Back up Media". The default option select on this option is "Auto", change that into "FLASH 512KBytes".

4. On the "Emulation Speed, LCD Refresh" option change from "Realtime, Auto" to "Realtime*2, Auto", make sure that the "3D Renderer" is set to "no cash". Also I would recommend you on the "Sound Output Mode" select it as "None (Fast)" [NOTE]. You can see where it is located on this screenshot below.

NOTE: The sound plays to fast with this tune up speed. So it is really recommended to turn it off (but it is Optional)

5. Once your done, Click on the "OK" button then click on the Options Menu again and click on the "Save Options" button.

6. Click on the File Menu and then click on the "Reset Cartridge" button (or simply press the NumberPad* Key). NOTE: This step is important so the settings would take effect so don't forget it. The game WILL CRASH if you didn't do this.

You'll notice the game has no sounds but fast once you've successfully reset the cartridge.

7. Now your done. The game will run as normal as it does on the default configuration does the no$gba 2.6a has.

RUNNING THE GAME ON A CONFIGURED SETTINGS WITH NO ERRORS:

ACTUAL IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS ON no$gba 2.6a:

What is a HIGH-END computer?
"Haruhi finally did it! She successfully stolen a state-of-the-art computer. Is this what you called extortion? Good!"

FAQ:
Q: It still runs a bit slow on a very high-end computer? Why?

A#1: Learn to tune your video card! The latest Riva Tuner could turn your computer's video card from a VW Beetle into a R34 Skyline Z-Tune!

A#2: Always have the time to tune your computer system. Your computer is like a Chobits. You don't charge her, she won't walk! Doing a monthly defragmentation, hard disk error check, and a virus scan always helps. And yeah a RAM Cleaner always helps as well.

NOTE#1: If you do encounter some problems during In-game especially on the Dragon Boss fight (commonly happens to some who played the game even on the DS-lite). Just wait for the latest versions of the hack version of the game and even wait for the US release and perhaps it will be much more easier to hack the game since it is on the universal language.

NOTE#2: Wait for the developer of no$gba to release a better version which run the game smoothly without using a compatibility configuration.

There you have it. I hope that answers all of your questions regarding on running the game on an emulator. Want to run it on an actual DS handheld console? Search for it on google! And know what is the model of the Flash Card of your Handheld before buying it! M3 Flash Card doesn't encounter any problems on the game as of now.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Izukon, while I wholeheartedly appreciate your effort, please remove any mentions of illegally obtaining software from your post, including ROMs and No$GBA 2.6a (while it's been close to a year that we haven't had to access to any means of legally obtaining 2.6a, it's still against the law to up/download it without paying the programmer).

·
Registered
1 Posts
i did what izukon said and i restarted the game and it had 3 of the same lvl 87 char on it and when i try and play one it just keeps repeating the video.

·
I live in reality
22 Posts
it's playable for me in no$gba 2.6a + no$zoomer without further setting revamps
it also doesn't need of a bypass save code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This may be a bit of a bump, but I'm using No$GBA 2.6a and after the first three cutscenes there are two options on the bottom screen (X and Y to do... something) and the top screen is fading in and out of black (like the character's waking up or whatever), then I get like 10 of these little messages popping up before it says FATAL - Unexpected Error and No$GBA closes. What's going on and how can I fix it?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
As mentioned by nitram08, try using No$Zoomer, preferably 2.3.0.2.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
since you removed the link and saved me the trouble of having to go and do it myself ill spare you from anything formal this time.

regardless though, imlost is right, we do not offer assistance for anything related to warez, so please do read over the board rules and refrain from posting any links like that from here on, because if it does happen again something other than a verbal warning will have to be done about it.

·
チャロン Scans
4 Posts
Actually, I managed to play PZ0 without problems anymore (thanks to izukon), just remember to change the "Save Option" back to auto if you wanna save the game and close the no$gba after that (just to prevent another problems after saving your PZ0). BTW, I had no problems with the "Sound Output Mode", I set it to Stereo and it works perfectly fine. Also, you don't have to reset cartridge everytime you change your setting, I do it everytime and never had any problem.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts