Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasup gamers. Does PSO 1 or 2 give you any kind of challenge? It gave me sortav a hard time, especially the last part.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I liked PSO, played it quite a bit. Then I got a job, and couldn't play it as much, and all the people I played it with got way past me and it wasn't worth it anymore. Its really not fun single player to me.

·
Registered
822 Posts
That is true, although back then I was insane and played solo on my on till about LVL 120. Then I said, maybe I should get online and do some stuff, IMO that was fun and better than going solo.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I never played it online, I bought PSO1 v2 for my DC last november, but I enjoyed the single player as well :)

But after playing for a while I got new games and dropped it, I coulnd't get my DC -> PC -> Internet connection running, and my dad doesn't want me to go online by 56k, so online play was off limits for me :(

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I found it hard to keep playing actually.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I enjoyed to look at some of the environments, especially the cave (the part with the waterfalls), also finding new weapons was nice in the beginning. Doing quests was fun, but after a while it gets repetetive and other games were staring at me.... asking me to pick them :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
It never gave me a challenge, its just that you have to clear a certain number of levels to get a chance to save. for example, you have to go through both forests to be able to save your game so that when you load it, you can go on to the next levels. Other than that, great game.

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
Can't hold a candle to the original PS's for me. My favorites were PS (PS 1), PS 3, PS 4 (largest game ever made for the Genesis), and PS 2 in that order.
Soon, Sega is releasing a PS trilogy for the PS2 and I'm betting that it will contain PS, PS 2, and PS 3. I'm definately going to pick that one up when it comes out.
sx/amiga

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Zera H said:
It never gave me a challenge, its just that you have to clear a certain number of levels to get a chance to save. for example, you have to go through both forests to be able to save your game so that when you load it, you can go on to the next levels. Other than that, great game.
Try playing it as a mage or ranger then... I found it hard without being a fighter.

·
Thinking outside the box
1,570 Posts
played all classes online >< also got the hacked weapons.. wich made it really easy :p
And forest/cave 2 really does look impressive. Other leavels are kinda boring..

Ranger isnt that hard.. Get good weapon for the lv u are in. Like native + xx% does extra dmg to forest wich usually makes it alot easyer.. shoot shoot shoot run.

Great game tho ! my second online game after chu chu rocket :p

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ungh, the hacking is what ruined the game for me. I used to play it for the XBOX all the time until the hacked weps started coming out. I got pretty fed up with the people who could beat the final boss in 5 seconds flat, so I pretty much quit after that. To it's credit though, PSO is the only online RPG that has actually been able to hold my interest for a decent amount of time. All the other ones I've played have managed to bore me to death before I reached level 10.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
sxamiga said:
Can't hold a candle to the original PS's for me. My favorites were PS (PS 1), PS 3, PS 4 (largest game ever made for the Genesis), and PS 2 in that order.
Soon, Sega is releasing a PS trilogy for the PS2 and I'm betting that it will contain PS, PS 2, and PS 3. I'm definately going to pick that one up when it comes out.
sx/amiga
Sx/Amiga : trust me, PSO ( at least ep1, which is what I played) is really fun - especially online. Take that from a PS fanatic too ( I loved PS4 and 1, heh). There are many elements in the original PS games in there. Such as Dark Falz ( who will be the last boss ),Dungeons to explore, common enemies,...etc. The gameplay and music are really great. The only thing about it is that it gets repetitive quickly. Anyways, I wouldn't consider it as a game in the PS series, to me it's more like an action rpg based on PS ;)

Yours,
-Elly

·
Windows 8 Pro
1,148 Posts
PSO V1 and V2 are not supported by Sega anymore, and you can only play online on private servers. The GC/Xbox version is still alive, but as with PSO V1 and V2 it has hackers and exploiters.

I played PSO on my Dreamcast for a solid year. It was alot of fun. I only stopped because people could put in commands that could damage characters. I had too much time on my characters to risk losing them.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ah yes, who could forget the NOL trick... That has gotta be one of the nastiest exploits in the history of online games. If it weren't for the fact you could turn off your DC to avoid having your charector completely overwritten, I would have quit playing online the second that crap started. Worst of all, using the trick or having it used on you actually created a chance for your GDROM drive's motor to be permanantly damaged. And it took them a really long time to make a fix for it too. At least the GC/XBOX/PC version never had problems that serious.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts