Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I'm not impressed either, even the track seemed very boring... I see this as just a small upgrade over Metropolis Street Racer :p

But then again, because of the low quality I couldn't see much detail.

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
I'm not impressed either, even the track seemed very boring... I see this as just a small upgrade over Metropolis Street Racer :p
You dreamcast freak :p

PGR2 looked miles beyond MSR (and the first already looked better anyway) so I wonder how this upgrade can be small.

Sure, the movie is too low. res to show all the detailed stuff, but it still looks far beyond MSR....
I might like the xbox360... at least it's getting its fair share of racers already ;)

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
kingking 3rd said:
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_1807_en.html

i am not very impressed. that's all.
Being that it's the Xpoop 360, I'm not the least bit surprised. I've said it a thousand times, all the games on this thing look like games for the regular Xpoop, so this is just more proof.:p

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Samor said:
You dreamcast freak :p

PGR2 looked miles beyond MSR (and the first already looked better anyway) so I wonder how this upgrade can be small.

Sure, the movie is too low. res to show all the detailed stuff, but it still looks far beyond MSR....
I might like the xbox360... at least it's getting its fair share of racers already ;)
You graphics whore :p
Sure it looks better, but when compared, is it revolutionary? No.
I just hope the final product will add something in terms of gameplay as well, because a polished Xbox game is not what I'm waiting for.

Take a close look, are those hands cell-shaded or something? oO

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
You graphics whore :p
Sure it looks better, but when compared, is it revolutionary? No.
I just hope the final product will add something in terms of gameplay as well, because a polished Xbox game is not what I'm waiting for.

Take a close look, are those hands cell-shaded or something? oO
hey, they look...odd.
It doesn't look revolutionary from that video. but it's a racer, third in a series... GT4 wasn't revolutionary either.
As for the gameplay...the drifting looks ok, but surely everyone will go with Ridge Racer 6 in the end :p

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
GT4 has been released on a 5 year old console, you can't expect it to be revolutionary in terms of video, but with a new generation it's a different story. I guess this is another reason to wait till the actual consoles have been released because it's hard to get a decent impression during the time of extreme hype and low-quality movies.

· Premium Member
6,403 Posts
GT4 should have at least been relatively revolutionary with its AI, but it wasn't :p. Every console has to start from somewhere; if people say PGR3 looks like crap, I bet they won't say the same thing for the 4th one. Just look at the PS2's launch games. Most of them look horrible by modern standards, but newer games look pretty decent. Every console takes some time for the games to mature on it.

· Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
GT4 has been released on a 5 year old console, you can't expect it to be revolutionary in terms of video, but with a new generation it's a different story. I guess this is another reason to wait till the actual consoles have been released because it's hard to get a decent impression during the time of extreme hype and low-quality movies.
GT3 wasn't revolutionary. Ridge Racer V wasn't, even if it was a launch title (it looked miles better than R4 but it wasn't revolutionary either). Why does it have to be revolutionary? It just better be good :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.