Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· band
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yay.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=60899

The room goes quiet for a second. Some cynical git (yours truly) decides to ask about the frame rate. Design manager Gareth Wilson takes the question. "This version's running at 30 frames per second. We're aiming for 60." Does he think they'll hit it? "We'll see how we go. It's all about timings. If we had four months we could get it running at 60. It's whether we've got the time." With precious time to reflect even on that, the conversation lurches in another direction
iirc this is exactly wat they said before pgr2 and it ended up at 30fps...same with forza...

· Registered
181 Posts
Baah 60 fps are not important to next gen anyway.. that seems like bull***t to me, grr even though the game got nice graphics, too bad they are offering in that way..

Shin Mike.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I hate it when flashy effects are used to cover up other things :(
Let's hope they will have enough time to optimize it to 60fps.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
The problem is that when it's 30 there shouldn't be any framedrop otherwise it will be choppy... remember Metropolis Street Racer on DC, the first game of the series?

· band
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
in my opinion, 30 fps for any serious racing game is just unacceptable O__o. i mean of course unless if u just put in a ton of special effects like NFS or Burnout (even tho burnout runs at 60...im just talking about the speed blurring). after playing GT4, going to anything (PGR... forza) 30 fps was horrible in terms of the speedometer vs what the screen was showing....

· Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Why don’t they just run it in 480p and use that supposedly “free” anti-aliasing (up to 4x or more) that the ED Ram was designed for. Companies must stop trying to go cheap on us. (Microsoft with hardware and Bizarre Creations with time)

Design manager: Gareth Wilson: Yes, it is at 30 right now. If we had four more months we could get it running at 60..

· Ocean Soul
1,464 Posts
*agrees with Katsuya* I really don't see the big deal about high high res when it's going to run like crap. I mean most people won't be able to use this because they are going to have a hard enough time trying to buy the ps3 let alone a tv with high def. I mean fun it at a lower res and us AA. I want a smooth running game with smooth edges, not a choppy running game with smooth edges

· band
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Katsuya said:
Why don’t they just run it in 480p and use that supposedly “free” anti-aliasing (up to 4x or more) that the ED Ram was designed for. Companies must stop trying to go cheap on us. (Microsoft with hardware and Bizarre Creations with time)
i think its cuz they're not allowed to. i beleive the min for games set by microsoft (at one of their early conferences) was that all games need to run at least 720p with 4x AA or smthn like that (if someone can find a link that'd be great). iirc they also said smthn bout 60fps too ~_~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.