Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.originaltrilogy.com/

Here is petition about releasing original Star Wars eps 4-6 on DVD. About 65000 signed so far. :)

After such a all-effects-no-brains special edition DVDs, it would be REALLY refreshing if Lucas would decide release originals also. Well, small digital picture enhancing and sound improvement would be welcome ofcourse. (like in first special editions were which didnt have those fricking digitalised "funny aliens singing/farting/burbing" or such. Those editions ruled)

What da ya think that how Lucas reacts to this petition? It has very detailed and convincing sound. I atleast keep my thumbs up and hope for best, while fearing worst. :thumb:

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Ep 4-6 have already been released on DVDs recently... at least it has been done here :s

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correction:

I am talking about ORIGINAL, non-f****d up version. Those that were recently released were HEAVILY modified "Special Editions" and 90% of those modifications were very bad, like band singing in jabbas palace and Creedo shooting and MISSING FROM 1 METER DISTANCE in New Hope. Most disturbing change is probaply switching old Anakins ghost at the end of ROTJ with actor of EP2&3 young Anakin (forgot actors name). That is simply blasphemy. Original versions of eps 4-6 were never released in DVD, except pirate versions.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Oh i see... well I guess you'll have to plug your VCR to your video-IN card, and re-encode it so you can burn a DVD :(

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...Unless Lucas will be convinced by that petition in link above. This might be our only change to see original editions in modern video systems, (im not even going to mention not-so-legal ways) so if Lucas says no, then its literaly end of the world. So people please sign. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. :)

·
Back from the dead
3,741 Posts
George Lucas will never do it because he said he was very unhappy with the original version of the Star Wars Trilogy. Even the special editions shown in theatres in the late 90s weren't exactly the way George Lucas wanted the movies. The DVDs that were released recently are the way George Lucas wanted the star wars trilogy. The DVDs are different are from the theatre special editions(I don't know how because I haven't seen the DVDs yet).

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I dont see how the new version f***ed it up. It hardly has any drastic changes.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
The only real killer is that Han didn't shoot first.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
yeah, but there are a ton of other differences that piss me (and i guess other fans) off.

HAYDEN CHRISTIANSEN or whatever his name is plays Anakin at the end of Jedi. WHAT THE CRAP IS THAT?! anakin died an old man! his ghost should be a goddamn old man!

greedo shooting first. this is a given.

they "shaved" off anakin's eyebrows when he dies, apparently to relate to something in ep3.

they re-fixed the stupid deleted scene where han is talking to Jabba in New Hope. it was a stupid scene originally (with the dude in the fur suit) and it's still stupid.

the sarlacc pit is now all lively and whatnot. the original one was fine.

that band playing in jabba's chamber is annoying and stupid.

there are a ton of other changes, like in the Xwing parts (leaving yevin, flying to death star, etc) and the Dewbacks in Mos Eisley. those are, admittedly, pretty cool. but, i want to see the unoriginal, un*******ized version. you know what's cool about star wars? the fact that when it came out, they actually did what they did. they had to make up alllllll kinds of equipment to film it. THAT is a major accomplishment, in my book. and that they went back to fix it just ruins that. i dont want every filmmaker who's upset with how it turned out to go back and remake every part that wasnt up to par due to technical reasons. star wars is a great movie, even with the original cheapness involved (cheapass special effects, relative to today.)

i love star wars man (i got all that crap off the top of my head :lol: ) but...i've lost faith in lucas. for one, online petitions are a crock of ****. secondly...i know his greedy self. he'll never change it no matter what.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Hum i pretty sure anakins eyebrows where shaved in the original as well, when Luce takes the helmet off i really dont recall seeing eyebrows :p

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DarkAurora said:
George Lucas will never do it because he said he was very unhappy with the original version of the Star Wars Trilogy. Even the special editions shown in theatres in the late 90s weren't exactly the way George Lucas wanted the movies. The DVDs that were released recently are the way George Lucas wanted the star wars trilogy. The DVDs are different are from the theatre special editions(I don't know how because I haven't seen the DVDs yet).
Lucas likes latest edition only because it has biggest ability to leech money to his pockets. :laugh:

But there is still a chance that if lucas notices that original-originals still has ability to bring money, hope isnt all lost. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I wish George Lucas would actually listen to these petitions. I don't think he cared about the petition to feature 'Star Wars Kid' in Ep. III

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
The only real killer is that Han didn't shoot first.
That and replacing the Anakin "Ghost" in the ending of RoJ with Hayden Christensen... I thought it was pretty disrespectful with the original actor (Sebastian Shaw).

[]s Badaro

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr.Smith said:
I wish George Lucas would actually listen to these petitions. I don't think he cared about the petition to feature 'Star Wars Kid' in Ep. III
I hope he realises that there is a small gap of seriousness between these two petitions... :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
...well I for one like the new versions of the film. Other than the new Jaba and Han seen, and Greedo shooting first, I thought the rest of it was pretty good. No not all films should be re-made just cuz the creator wants to, but Start Wars deserved it IMO, they went through hell to get it the way it was, and didn't have the money to do anymore, Lucas just wanted to finsih what he started. Nothing wrong with that.

·
!!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, but at same time it ruined spirit and feeling of what starwars REALLY was. Serious struggle between light and darkness, peace and anger. Minimalistic effect just bringed it forth. Well ok, then there is that Solo with his neverending sarcasm and irony... :) That is my point of view of starwars movies and thats what attracts me mostly. Everyone has their own view of this, of course. Now, Lucas decided to add some incredible bull$hit. Just look at the band in Jabba's palace. Is THIS what Star Wars is? Does it serve the purpose and basic idealism of these movies? I dont think so. Ewoks were something that just and just were agreeable. They were supposed to be Wookies before, or so i heard, but i guess budget wasnt enough back then.

Im not saying these new DVD's wouldnt be good, but better than originals? Definetly not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts