Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem when i use pete's latest openGL 1.49 plug-in. For example in FF9, when a transition takes place (i.e. enter a town etc.) there would be a short display of graphical static(??). (Much like a TV's display of static). I didn't encounter this problem when i used the previous 1.48 version. The static (though might be irritating to look at) doesn't affect my gameplay at all. I'm probably just curious y this occurs in 1.49 and not in 1.48.

I'm using a Geforce 2 GTS if that helps and attached a bmp of the static display which lasts only for a short while during transitions.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well, in the 1.49 release Pete has improved his screen clearing detection, so it may be a bug created by this improvement,of course only Pete really knows what it is,I'mjust trying to guess.
Bye.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
but how come it's not present in the 1.48 version of ur plug-in?!
Because 1.48 is 1.48 and 1.49 is 1.49... wouldn't make much sense if I would just
release the same plugin with a different version number ;)

1.49 has a 'stronger' upload detection in the higher Offscreen Drawing modes...
it's needed to see certain stuff in some games. But it can cause glitches like the
FF9 garbage with other games...

It's a common mistake to think: 'the higher I select a gpu option, the better
the display will get'. Sometimes less is better... just play with the options until
you have found the best compromise for your game.

·
Registered
52 Posts
urg, it same happens to me that i once used a right version of Null2's SPU (no choppy sound). but can't find it again (simply overwhelmed by the new updated version (choppy sound is back)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts