Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some minutes ago, <a href="http://home.t-online.de/home/PeteBernert" TARGET="_blank">Pete</a> uploaded a new version of his GPU plugins, getting up the version to v1.53 ! Pete's plugins package contains a version for OpenGL, D3D and software, and is currently the best one out there for PSX users. Here're the changes in this version :<ul><li>All plugins: the 1.52 fps limitation bug fix for special chipsets seems to work fine (thanx to all users reporting it), so I've added the fix also to the displayed fps rate, and to the 'Use PC fps calculation' option.<br><li>All plugins: added a "copy settings to clipboard" button to the gpu config dialogs. A simple mouse click will now transfer your current gpu settings to the clipboard, you can paste them into bug reporting mails or forum messages. Unlike Lewpy's similar func I don't include your cpu speed, OS, etc... only the pure settings and the name of your gfx card.<br><li>OGL/D3D plugins: again small adjustments in the screen upload detection, for example the GT1 main menu will be fine now, the Soul Reaver (demo) menu will get displayed and the Aeronauts (demo) language selection is shown. As always the advise: if you are missing some menus or screens, play with the Offscreen Drawing settings. If there is garbage in the screen border areas, play with the Offscreen Drawing settings. If you are feeling bored, play with the Offscreen Drawing settings ;)<br><li>All plugins: fixed a small scissor problem which could happen on very rare occasitions (if the game was using strange screen centering values). The text boxes in Star Ocean 2 will now pop up fine with the D3D/OGL plugins.<br><li>All plugins: I've improved all triangle soft drawing funcs, you will get a small speed increase with the Soft gpu in games using lotsa triangles. Since the hw/accel. gpus are using the same funcs for offscreen drawing and full vram primitives, a small speed increase can happen with them, too. Thanx to Lewpy for suggestions :)<br><li>OGL/D3D plugins: if you are using the "gfx card buffer" frame buffer textures option, you prolly will have noticed shaking screens effects in some games (for example sometimes in ChonoCross battle screens, in Alundra2 underwater levels/cutscenes, in Megaman Legend 2 water/desert stages, in some AITD4 effects... yawn). Well, what to say? It's fixed :)</ul>What's more to say about that one ? :) Great work Pete ! You can download <a href="/psx/plugins/win32/gpu/gpupete153.zip">Pete's GPU plugins v1.53 here</a>. More GPU plugins can be found in our <a href="/psx/plugins.php?page=gpu">PSX GPU plugins section</a>.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Watch out,genius at work!;) .

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great plugins. I have only one request: I would like very much a interpolation in OGL and D3D plugins like the Soft. It would be very good with scanlines in 640x480.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts