Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pete's GPu plugins 1.52 are out. Get them here.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
tales of eternia still crash with opengl plugin, looks like pete must have the game to fix it.
What gives you the idea I need a game to fix it? I just sit there in a corner of the room, close my eyes, and... baaamm... I have the solution... NOT ;)

Well, if you want to see that game running, AND if you are sure it is a bug in the OGL plugin (what about other plugins? my D3D or Soft ones? Ever tried it with Kazz Soft? Same crash? if yes: little chance to fix it), you can send me a mail, and I will tell you how to send me a save state file, so I can try to fix the issue.

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
I have this game and Tales of Eternia only works perfectly with Pete's Soft Driver Plugin, well....... TOE also works with Pete's D3D Plugin but when you are in the underwater you can't see anything only the map

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
weeee......let me check them

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
TOE also works with Pete's D3D Plugin but when you are in the
underwater you can't see anything only the map
Underwater effects are often done using some framebuffer effects... so you should try to toggle between my various Framebuffer textures settings, and also to turn on/off the "Read framebuffer" special game fix.

Of course not all possible psx framebuffer tricks are covered with the hw/accel. plugins, but usually there can be a setting be found which at least shows something.

Still I am wondering, if the game works with the d3d plugins, but not with ogl?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Just here to say good work pete , and when will be the release of a new pete direct sound plugin ? Just kiding , but try to fix the in Legend of Dragoons the sound problems in the movies and speches and the slow battle enter !

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Well the scanlines work pretty good.

·
Registered
416 Posts
that's what i am wondering, it works perfectly in d3d(except serious slowdowns that are not in opengl and software) and software. i finished the game with software plugin.

the game crashes before battle right after a framebuffer effect. so do you need a savestate just before battle :confused:

thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
It seems that Pete is reading that thread ! :)

So I take the opportunity to report a bug I encountered with Pete's D3D in Resident Evil 2 and 3.

In these two games (and especially RE3), there are some shaking screen effects.

When it occurs, the FPS goes down to 10, the screen flickers and it turns to be completely unplayable.

It works fine with Pete's software and I had to use it in order to get through, but I wonder if it is possible to fix this problem.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by someguy
I tried upgrading from 1.51 to 1.52. Seems to work okay; no better, no worse than 1.51.
I don't think so .............SCANLINES CUTOMIZATION!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like the aspect ratio mode and the new resolutions. There are much less 'deformed pixels'. You especially noticed these when scrolling sprites and hi-res modes were really ugly.

It would really be great if there would be an 'integer scale mode'. Only scale pixels 2x, 3x 4x etc. It will give some black borders, but absolutely no pixel deformation. I know I can use a hi res to fix it, but framebuffer effects are really slow that way.

More suggestions I can think of:
- A fast forward key
- 'Smart frameskipping'. Frameskipping really uglyfies your overall framerate (don't know why, you say it has something to do with cdrom), but it is only needed on some extreme scenes. Why not only have it enabled when framerate drops below 55 frames? You'd get the best of both worlds. Because a framerate below 50 isn't nice (music ****s up and overall slowness)
- Some (configurable) hotkeys. I'm currently playing chrono cross and I could really use a 'enable/disable' full vram primatives hotkey. Most scenes don't need this function, but some do and I could enable/disable it quickly (it really eats your framerate). In combination with previous suggestion, it wouldn't even slow the emu down.

Well that's all I can think of for now. Great work pete. Your gpu rocks :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts