Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but ePSXe 1.5.2 and above support SPUAsync, right? Right. So, what I'd like to know is why does Eternal SPU 1.41 run its SPUAsync perfectly whilst the DSound 1.9's SPUAsync doesn't work on ePSXe!?

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
What happens when you try to use it? Does it output any sound? I believe I've used P.E.Op.S. DSound with SPUasync turned on a few times before and I don't recall having any problems.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lemme put it this way, the SPUAsync doesn't sync the sound at all. I've tried all three modes and there's no difference whatsoever. Take the cursor sound in FFVII, VIII, and IX; it sounds like the sound Zsnes has in Square Enix games: it's crap. People on the internet claim that "they have syncronized sound", which I think is BS, IMO. I do get sound, but it sucks. Only if SPUAsync actually synched the sound effects/music, I'd be happy. BTW, the weird thing is ePSXe supports that feature. Here are sound clips attached to this post:

·
IceyD the Ice Cold Prince
176 Posts
why dont you use ePSXe 1.6.0

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I am currently using version 1.6.0, and here's how I have Pete's DSound 1.9 configured:

BTW, please tell me that it's possible to get SPUAsync to work on this plugin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the new 1.5.0 beta was released, but is there any way to adjust variable interpolation modes? (Like switching between Guassian, for example?)

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
where did you get the 1.5.0 beta...?

and no there is no way to switch between interpolation modes like Pete's Dsound

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
www.emufanatics.com:
Here's the .zip (BTW, this is not a fake release)
Man, I wish the next Eternal SPU (like 1.50 final) would have variable Interpolation Filters...

PS - Does anyone know what the crap's wrong w/PEoPs Audio Plugin 1.9's SPUAsync? (I thought it was just "Pete's Sound Plugin 1.9", but I stand corrected)

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
First, try downloading and using this.

http://www.ngemu.com/download.php?action=plugin&id=2

Set it to SPUAsync mode (smooth), and set the buffer size to 32. On the main page, make sure the first three options are enabled, but not the last. I know you mentioned already knowing all that, but you also mentioned just being happy if you get the sound, correct? So why not use it then if it does that?

If you absolutele MUST keep using your current one, perhaps try unchecking the SPU IRQ hacks? That's just my guess.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
gaijinx1 said:
Hello? Anyone out there...ere....ere....ere....er...
please dont bump your thread. if no one has anything to say, well, sorry. but in this case lord zedeck did have osmething, so chill ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How do I properly configure PEopS Dsound 1.9 plugin; what do you recommend I do to get the best results?

·
Registered
332 Posts
what's wrong with using eternal? so it doesn't have some interpolation mode, so what?
eternal also seems to have superior compatibility to peops, peops produced corrupted sound for me more than once.

if you absolutly must use peops : turn off changing xa speed and turn off spu irqs unless needed for the game.

edit : maybe im not qualified to help you with your problem, i just listened to the three sound files you provided and all the 'cursor' sounds sounded exactly the same to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was hoping someday someone would release an SPU plugin that synched the sound and had variable interpolation modes. Meh, oh well.

Edit: BTW, what I wanted to point out with the sound clips is that the repeated sqeak sound (in the cursor-movement) is that the sounds do not
repeat in sync. Instead of d-ddddddddddddddddd-d, like a real PSX (I know, a bad representation), PEopS does: ddd-dd-dddd-dd-dd-d-dd-dd-dd-d. I'm 100% sure it (the sound) can be synched, I just don't know if there's something I'm not configuring correctly. I did all the config I've been told thus far and I don't know what the crap's going on as to why it doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
The weird sounds sort of sounded like a small sound buffer in some ways, just without the popping and whatnot, or like the emulation was too slow. I prefer Eternal though, it seems to have less sound glitches and when both plugins are working fine, they sound pretty much the same to me :p.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
Not that I'm aware of, unfortunately P.E.Op.S. doesn't have the buffer tweaking setting like Eternal does, which I have a feeling would fix the problem (SPUasync needs a larger buffer than other modes).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, that would explain its problematic SPUAsync; perphaps I'll stick with Eternal SPU 1.50 beta1 for now. Maybe future PEopS releases will have changeable sound buffers.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
from what n_w95482 has told me, the 1.50 beta has a lot of problems. i'd suggest sticking to 1.41...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts