Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to configure it -- it doesn't even see that I have a drive. I'm using a Mitsumi -- I forget what model. Is there any way to fix this, or do I need to wait for another release, or is there an e-mail of his I should send my prob to...?

·
Registered
68 Posts
No drive letter listed

I have the exact same problem. I have a Pioneer 105s slotload 12x DVD.

Does this have anything to do with the ASPI layer (not) being installed?

·
Registered
136 Posts
It should only happen on Windows NT and 2000 (and XP), because Microsoft dont bother including ASPI for some strange reason! Use ForceASPI to install it! Although I haven't really had much speed from Pete's plugin in my Pioneer 104s DVD Drive (its the 10X vers of yours) it just seems to take ages to read even with the different caching options! its probably not Pete's fault anyway!

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have had the same problem
i have also installed forceaspi to no avail
but from what i've read about it, pete's cd plugin is very stable and has other advangages

·
Registered
13 Posts
try this CDROM Driver plugin for epsxe:

TSG MSCDEX

It worked well for me 2, not sure it work for u. try it! ;)

there are 3 cdrom plugin that worked for me:

Internal
TSG MSCDEX
Pete

ill try other plugin when i am free.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have a 24x4x4 Mitsumi CR4804-TE (cdrw). It works fine with all the popular cd plugs, but I have win98. I guess that doesn't help much, but at least you know its not your drive.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i know its not my drive because all the plug ins worked before upgrading to win 2k

but after using win 2k there is no way that i am going back to 98

·
Registered
68 Posts
My drives (I have 2, a Plexwriter 12/10/32a and a 16x Pioneer DVD) both appear correctly in the internal W2K cd plugin.

Nothing shows up in the Pete's CDR 1.5 dropdown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts