Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I prefer to use this plug-in because it seems to give me better performance than the ePXSe CDrom plugin. But the only prollem is that it doesn't work all the time. Sometimes when I go to "run CDrom", the DOS box tells me that the drive is open when its not. The drive is not working when this happens either. The only thing I have selected for it is "enable accurate CDrom timing". Then I just told it what drive to use [generic 56x on IDE primary-no slave device], the read mode is "BE_2 (ATAPI SPEC 2)", and the caching is set at "none-reads one sector". Has anyone else had this prollem? When I use the internal ePXSe cd plugin, the menu's in WipeoutXL are very, very screwed up looking. Any other questions you may have about my system can probably be answered by clicking the link in my sig. Any help appreciated...

·
Registered
95 Posts
The enable accurate cd-rom timing can screw things up for a lot of games. Try upgrading your aspi drivers. I think there is a program on this site that does just that....look around.
I had a bad time with Pete's cd-rom stuff,
it doesn't work on my CLDVD5x at all.
His graphics stuff however is top notch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked on PSXEmu.com and I can't find anything. THe ePSXe site won't even lemme in right now, it says "http 403 forbidden". I dunno...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. Thanx alot. WipeoutXL runs every time now, but if only I can get rid of the F'd up looking menu's...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I noticed that this plug-in doesn't work with some new games supported by ePSXe.

For instance, Tomb Raider won't pass the intro screen with it. You have to use the ePSXe's CD core...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts