Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this qustion I guess has been raised a few times earlier,but the answer was not given.....or maybe I didn't read........!I was thinking that why isn't there any d3dplugin for DX8.......!as far as I heard is that the textures and other stuff (I am an illitrate) on dx8 is pretty good as compared to previous versions.So the plugin particularly for DX8 would work wonders.......don't you think.......!

Ali

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hi: Liaqatali,here's a quote from Pete's docs.

"1. Q: Is it possible to do the new mode in the DX6/DX7 D3D plugins?
A: No
2. Q: Would it be possible in a DX8 D3D plugin?
A: Yes
3. Q: Will you code a DX8 D3D plugin?
A: No... at least not in the near future :) Ask Lewpy to do one... :):):)"

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well,this was about the new blending option in Pete's OGL 1.51,but the last answer is telling you what to expect(no DX8 plugin from Pete).

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
He may be more willing to do a DX8 plugin now, because I think when he wrote that he didn't have a GF3. Maybe he'll do one to go with his GF3 because he said he mostly makes the plugins as a hobby so that he will be able to play and not so much as a service to others.
That doesn't mean you or others should go asking him about it because it could get annoying to have alot of requests about something he already has considered. I'm sure Pete knows better than most of us what the advantages could be with a DX8 plugin so its going to be up to him if and when he makes one.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea.....now he has a GF3.......I think he will develop a DX8 plugin

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by Pete Bernert
Lewpy has a GF3 as well... :)
I'll have something to say about that later(tright now I'm gonna eat:) )

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Pete Bernert
Lewpy has a GF3 as well... :)
Will you develop

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
OK,maybe I'm wrong but I think that Lewpy is working on a DX8 plugin,Pete,in your doc you say"ask Lewpy to do one..."
Now,you tell us"Lewpy has a GeForce 3 as well,I wasn't sure until now,but once I saw your post,I was sure of it(I can be sure of it,and wrong at the same time).

·
Registered
169 Posts
comon pete you know you want to...

Now now pete, you know you want to be on top again, and put out a dx8 plugin...comon your dieing to, its ripping at your every waking moment...a lil voice saying"program it..program it..."

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea ........lewpy in action........I think it would be better if lewpy made the plugin.I always wanted to use a plugin made by lewpy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts