Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried it out and enabled 'dont wait until cd drive is ready'and the caching mode 'async read,fastest caching mode' and limited the speed to 8x.and wow it started to rock.perfect mdec sounds.and 60 fps in mdecs and every game i tried out.i think it is the best cd rom plugin.for those who dont get perfect mdec sound try this plugin and the settings i have written above.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am using petes sound plugin.here are my configs
mixrate:44100
output mode:16bit
stereo filtering:none
mixmode quality:normal
directsound:enabled
amplification:500
enable xa playing:yes
use ADSR volume envelope:yes
use reverb:yes
pitch changes while playing sample:yes
but for mdecs plugin does not matter.you can use epsxe internal sound plugin or seal audio.they give the same results.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by neversurrender
for mdecs plugin does not matter.you can use epsxe internal sound plugin or seal audio.they give the same results.
So how come when I play Tenchu 2 I get almost perfect mdec sound with pete's SPU and really choppy mdec sound with null's SPU?

·
Registered
313 Posts
yeah but i don't want to change the sound plugin everytime i get a mdec in a game! :eek: ... So a midlle term config is the answer.
But i guess that's difficult to comply...even if it worked right for a game, other games would't......however one can wait to the next epsxe version

S

·
0 Posts
Just gotta say, Pete's CD vers. 1.4 + Pete's OGL GPU vers. 1.50 = Graphics so Fantastic they hurt. Gauntlet Legends now looks better than the arcade and Quake 2 looks better than the PC. Way to go Pete!:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Limiting the speed to 2X is actually better. Heck, very close to the performance of an ISO (very impressive indeed!).

·
Registered
345 Posts
has any one else experience problems with pete cd and win 2k?

i cant seem to get it to detect my drives
the problem is posted in a different thread with a screen shot and a better explination.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Campaign, you may have to try the different cdr settings individually. Get ready for some crash and reboot if you do this though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
well if you looked at my other post, it doesnt work because none of them detect my cd drives.
i have installed force ASPI i think its called yet they still dont detect them.

thanks for the reply though
i seem to be getting more replies in this thread than the other one

·
Registered
513 Posts
>has any one else experience problems with pete cd and win 2k?
It works fine for me under Win2k, campaign. I don't know if it'd make any difference, but the only modifications that've been made to the default CD-Rom drivers was the addition of Nero. Of course, given that you already installed an ASPI layer I suppose that won't help any.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have kinda the same problem with pete's 1.4 and win2k i have the force aspi installed i can detect my read mode, but when i launch a game via cdrom it'll just kinda freeze on a black screen my cdrom will be doin stuff but the game never loads....i've tryed all the dif readmode's/ settings and stuff with all 3 of my cdrom drivers, but it jus keeps doin the same thing....

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
...and my experience with petes cd under 2k is that its reallly slooooooowwwws things down. (to about 3 fps actually) Oh and this is before and after installing force aspi. But as I have no probs with the internal cdr plugin I don't complain.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i also have no problems with the internal one
however, i read some great things about pete's cd plugin and his GPU plugins are awesome so i wanted to test it out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts