Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Wingman
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if any PSEmu Pro GPU plugin authors have considered implementing some form of perspective correction effect in their plugins - preventing those warped effects on some surfaces of 3d objects like it is in the psx..?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by hankhoser
i was wondering if any PSEmu Pro GPU plugin authors have considered implementing some form of perspective correction effect in their plugins - preventing those warped effects on some surfaces of 3d objects like it is in the psx..?
Because there is no depth information (Z) passed to the GPU, this is not possible.
I've gone in to more detailed discussion about this before, but I am too tired to go into it again tonight :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just noticed this thread right after I posted a similar question on the ePSXe messageboard. It seems that there is always some outstanding lack of dilligence on the emucoder's part that causes every emulator out there to fall short of perfection. For Epsilon of UltraHLE, it was lack of motivation, for the authors of AdriPSX and ePSXe, it was their inablilty to implement a stupid graphics port and now, with the CPU emulation as great as it is, we have asit around and wait for some genius to hack the EXE just to get proper texture alignment in games because the lazy coders can just sit and claim they've created something new because plugins aren't considered programs. No, all you've created is an imperfect, not graphically enhanced, inferior version of the PlayStation CPU (maybe a little added support, i'll give you that) with a couple input and output routines. As far as I am concerned, give credit to that which it was due! (Duddie Rules!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I just noticed this thread right after I posted a similar question on the ePSXe messageboard. It seems
that there is always some outstanding lack of dilligence on the emucoder's part that causes every
emulator out there to fall short of perfection. For Epsilon of UltraHLE, it was lack of motivation, for the
authors of AdriPSX and ePSXe, it was their inablilty to implement a stupid graphics port and now, with
the CPU emulation as great as it is, we have asit around and wait for some genius to hack the EXE just
to get proper texture alignment in games because the lazy coders can just sit and claim they've
created something new because plugins aren't considered programs. No, all you've created is an
imperfect, not graphically enhanced, inferior version of the PlayStation CPU (maybe a little added
support, i'll give you that) with a couple input and output routines. As far as I am concerned, give
credit to that which it was due! (Duddie Rules!!!!!!!)

Sorry, SSandman, but this is one of the stupid posts I've ever seen. Make your own
emu/plugin/whatever before insulting CONSTRUCTIVE emu coders. But I think after
you have started doing something CONSTRUCTIVE, you will act differently.

Btw, Duddie doesn't want to rule anymore... he enjoys "party-all-the-time" :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Nah, maybe all emulation programmers are just flawed. :p

Of course, SSandman's post could just be some weird sort of attempt at trolling. Uh...maybe.

·
Emu author
377 Posts
>for the authors of AdriPSX and ePSXe, it was their inablilty to implement a stupid graphics port and now with the CPU emulation as great as it is

Personally i don't think so, the actual core from this emulators isn't enuff correct yet, for waste the time adding "extra" features. Maybe that in the future, or maybe than never.

>claim they've created something new because plugins aren't considered programs. No, all you've created is an imperfect, not graphically enhanced,

The enhanced gpu plugins are what does the emulators enhanced, and no else.

>inferior version of the PlayStation CPU

I agree, playstation cpu will be always the
superior than a simple emulation.

Anyway, it is time for sit my lazzy ass again and continue coding ;-)

Regards. Carlos.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Pete Bernert

Btw, Duddie doesn't want to rule anymore... he enjoys "party-all-the-time" :)
I've heard that a lot ;) ....can't blame him either :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts