Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm out of good RPG games and I've heard about that Persona games but I'm not too sure If It deserves the buy.

So for your personal experience How good are these games, I love the RPG stories like the FF series so what I could expect from this game (s)....I didn't know how many titles of this series are, please recomend me one.

And How It plays on PCSX2, as far as I know with my current system I'll be able to perform many games at full speed.

I play alot on my PC, the HDTV is almost unavailable thanx to my wife and son :dead:

Hope I've been clear

Thanx:thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Still in a begining of Persona 3 FES but its really nice no random encounters there is player or enemy advantage in battle depending if you strick the enemy before the battle, each caracter is better in some magic and fisical atack and has its weakness, when you atack the weakness the enemy goes down that caracter get another turn and the enemy loses his spot in the order of atack when all the enemys are down you can atack them with all your caracters at the same time, same things happen with enemy.

There tons of things you can do like fuse ( 2 or 3 ) personas to create another that will take some atack that the others had, can create weapons out of personas, can register personas and when you fuse or discart you can always pay a price and get a persona exactly the same as the time you register, theres quests too, ones with timelimit and others without, develop relationships so when you fuse your persona gets experience for example level 2 relationship you get x exp so instead of level 4 you get level 4 + x exp that will make him level up,

Can't say much about story since i am still 15h in game.

Just go to Gamespot or some page with reviews and read about the game.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx man....and now how it plays on PCSX2, is it fully playable at 60+FPS or the experience isn't good at all????

I know trying it would be best, but since I'm planning to buy the titles It'll be good to know before I take a desicion.

Thanx again.

·
Registered
315 Posts
With latest or even ppr426 with Advance options - VU Flush to Zero and Denormals are Zero checked and GSdx 1.12 Hardware dx9 or 10 ( dx10 is always better) is very playable with minor floor glitches, 50-60fps there was one boss that made it slow 20-30fps but all others including the next boss after this one was at normal speed, considering you have a cpu and gfx much better than mine, you can probably run the game in GSdx 1.12 Dx10 Software with normal speed, with this one you don't have the floor glitches, with my pc a get between 20-55fps but still much better than with VU options unchecked.

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx seinfeldx

.....are you know if Persona 4 works on PCSX2??

·
Registered
836 Posts
persona 4 is playable. i think its better then P3 . there is 1 crash on the date 10/20 in the game when yo uget the letter...just make a save state and play on 9.4 or make a memory card save before you get there and play on 9.4 untill you can save again and THEN go back to 9.5 ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
to be fair, yes its a great game, and its 'playable', but expect some heavy lag in some random battles sporadically throughout...

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx mates, very useful info.

And someone tried the new Kingdom Hearts game on PCSX2????????

not sure if It's on the stores now.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Persona 4 is way better than P3. I suggest playing P4 and forgetting that P3 ever existed, because it's better in every way possible.
I just got done playing through P4, very playable with minor graphical errors, EE/IOP sync hack x2 has to be enabled and EE/VU 'Flush to Zero' and 'Denormals are Zero' have to be checked in order to play at full speed (I think the new revisions leave the VU unchecked by default). Minor graphical errors, but nothing that ever detracts from the gameplay, there aren't any missing textures or anything. And the game is absolutely amazing, but be sure to use AR h4x for the dungeons, as they're really difficult, randomly generated, and basically suck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Persona 4 is way better than P3. I suggest playing P4 and forgetting that P3 ever existed, because it's better in every way possible.
I just got done playing through P4, very playable with minor graphical errors, EE/IOP sync hack x2 has to be enabled and EE/VU 'Flush to Zero' and 'Denormals are Zero' have to be checked in order to play at full speed (I think the new revisions leave the VU unchecked by default). Minor graphical errors, but nothing that ever detracts from the gameplay, there aren't any missing textures or anything. And the game is absolutely amazing, but be sure to use AR h4x for the dungeons, as they're really difficult, randomly generated, and basically suck.
lol...you're contradicting yourself.

I wouldn't take this guy TOO seriously. Anyone who says P3 should be forgotten (even in comparison to P4), is a little : :drool:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Aye, Persona 4 is better than Persona 3 - but that doesn't detract from the fact that Persona 3 (and P3;FES) is a great game and still working buying.

On another note; just tried to emulate it... Get into the first fight and, like with Persona 3 you get that weird bug where you attack an enemy and it just hangs there... I get that on the very first fight in the mist -_-
Anyone know a way around it? Tried the playground release, svn377 d+ and the official release - all give the same... any ideas? Also saving to memory card isn't working, I mean.. it works (saving multiple times on the same slot) - but when you try to load anything, it shows a blank memory card...

ideas?

·
Registered
132 Posts
look on the official pcsx2 forum for PP. they have some sort of advanced options, set to chop, kinda thing. and i'm pretty sure it works

1 - 18 of 18 Posts