Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the yellow light of death on my PS3 after buying Yakuza 2 and recieving Persona 4 for Christmas :(. My friend recommended using PCSX2 while my system gets fixxed. I pretty much got the emulator to work on the computer specs in my signature but its been pretty shaky and the frames go from consistent 60 and drops to 15 every 10 seconds or so. can I get some suggestions please? also I'm running it on XP.

Plugins:

Graphics-GSdx 846 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.9
Sound- P.E.Op. S. SPU2 1.9.0
Cdvdrom- CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0
Dev9- DEV9null driver .3.0

·
Registered
5 Posts
my recommendation: use the latest compiled PCSX2 playground beta (SVN 563 now?). finished the game on the official, stable playground build then, on a 2nd playthrough with the latest betas, i found a pretty big jump in performance in some scenes that would've been slow otherwise (some cutscenes, walking around in the dungeon, battles, etc).

also:
- CPU>enable MTGS > enable VU skip (0/45/0/12)
- advanced>flush to zero, denormals to zero enabled > EE/VU round modes chop/zero (this is for compatibility rather than performance to prevent hanging)
- update your graphics plugin (newest is build gsdx 883, 0.1.13) (probably wont make your game run faster... but may improve compatibility?)
- i found the speedhacks dont really improve the game...they just break it. experimenet with these settings if you wish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts